Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

gazzer:
Was that the guy by the station Jez?

Gary
Yes thats where Nick lived, kept the lorries in the yard behind Wrynhams
Hows thing in the Sun
Jeremy

Another Romsey operator was W.J Walbridge from Scragg Hill who offered a daily smalls service between Southampton.his Romsey base & London.His London depot was Arch 498 in Silwood St, Bermondsey SE16

WJW.jpg
There were a a number of haulage contractors who had a London depot “underneath the arches” in Silwood St which must have been usefull for the interchange of consignments

Cheers Badger: IIRC he was related to Todd. When we were moving from Great Well Drive to Feltham Close we needed a “van”. Todd negociated the removal van he had, he didnt want to do the job himself (weekend) so we could use it ourselves and cover the diesel. Great arrangement.

The sun is absent at the moment because you have a cold snap. 25 a week or so ago now just getting into the teens! Great for working in so long as it’s not raining too hard! Still, finished by 4…vino time!

Un saludo.

roolechat:
Another Romsey operator was W.J Walbridge from Scragg Hill who offered a daily smalls service between Southampton.his Romsey base & London.His London depot was Arch 498 in Silwood St, Bermondsey SE16

There were a a number of haulage contractors who had a London depot “underneath the arches” in Silwood St which must have been usefull for the interchange of consignments

Chris
All the best dressed drivers wear a cap badge
Jeremy

Hi all can anybody give me any information on cluey i have heard today that he has been taken ill possible stroke
Regards gazzap

Croist, news to me Pacey…I will ask as best i can…!

Cheers gazzer Neil Barfoot phoned this afternoon he was told by Elkie

Pint Size is OK. He got clobbered on the head and suffered delayed concussion but he was discharged from hospital.

Cheers gazzer i will inform Barfoot and Elki
Regards gazzap

Hi all, that was probably lucky he got hit on the head it would not have done a lot of damage. LOL. No all joking hope Cluey is ok if anyone speak’s to him give him my regards. Are rawling’s still venturing across the water doe’s anyone know. :sunglasses:

He’s now 4ft7"…ouch!

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, that was probably lucky he got hit on the head it would not have done a lot of damage. LOL. No all joking hope Cluey is ok if anyone speak’s to him give him my regards. Are rawling’s still venturing across the water doe’s anyone know. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev I spoke to Cluey last week I think they only got 2 running abroad Cluey doing UK (Scotland ) hope your well mate :slight_smile:

Jimski:

gerbil sb152:

Hi Kev I spoke to Cluey last week I think they only got 2 running abroad Cluey doing UK (Scotland ) hope your well mate :slight_smile:[/qu

Subbing to Hayton Coulthard I heard, Buzzer

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Gazzer i think you are about right mate with 83/4 that’s about what i thought. What about the name of the square in Milan where the restaurant’s and Italmondo was you must remember that. I hope. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev, the square is: Piazza Cacciatore del Alpi
Hope you and Jan are well

Regards Gaz

IMG_1503.PNGHi all, thank’s for that Gary i knew somebody would know. It still look’s the same on street view. :sunglasses:

Yeah him from the IOW knows the square but I bet he don’t know what it means!! (It’s not “Get slaughtered square”).

gazzer:
Yeah him from the IOW knows the square but I bet he don’t know what it means!! (It’s not “Get slaughtered square”).

Excuse me Mr Burton ‘Alpine hunters square’
I speaka da lingo

I’m astounded!

Cacciatore is the way I slow cook my chicken thighs. :neutral_face: :laughing:

Concorezzo is the only place I know in Milan. :unamused:

gerbil sb152:
0Hi all, thank’s for that Gary i knew somebody would know. It still look’s the same on street view. :sunglasses:

That picture reminds me of being on that loading bay during the Red Brigade troubles, I was sitting in Francos
Opposite when suddenly there was a huge explosion! Within minutes the whole Italmondos building was evacuated and a full roll call of all the staff was made on the pavement. When the excitement died down I wandered back to my lorry only to find one of my Bandags had spontaneously blown out I nearly pmsl!