Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Hope this qualifies here as from the IOW now long gone, Buzzer.

I thought Paul Kingsley were from Pompey ?

Sandown IOW but they had a yard in Pompy if you want to be politically correct, Buzzer

Cabotage!
Those CorkHeads stealing our work!

Buzzer:

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Sandown IOW but they had a yard in Pompy if you want to be politically correct, Buzzer

I knew they were based in pompey didn’t realise they originated from the island.

robthedog:

Buzzer:

robthedog:

Buzzer:

I knew they were based in pompey didn’t realise they originated from the island.

Paul Kingsley was the owner of PJK we worked side by side out of Pompy pulling SCAC trailers for RH&D, he had two motors on that and I had three that’s how I knew Paul and that was the early 80’s he then got in with MacDonalds and I subbied of him taking buns to Spain etc good job back then and both companies grew as the work expanded, cheers Buzzer.

Cfat Soton

Cfat Lamberts ?

robthedog:
Cfat Lamberts ?

Lambert Brothers certainly had 4 FL10 Volvos on WimVos contract, and that photo seems to be taken opposite Soton tank wash, but is that one of theirs?
My poor memory thinks their Volvos were “E” reg? But I could well be wrong.

robthedog:
Cfat Lamberts ?

Both the FL10 & the F10 (A737 RBK) were 2 of the Voss contract vehicles operated by LTS Freight Ltd .Both pictures taken at the Tank wash adjacent to the (then) dry dock.

robthedog:
Cfat Soton

Morning all,
The two F10’s with drum blowing fear were the last Volvo’s I sold.
Delivered about Dec 1984. Harvey

Another ?

I read on the SOFA Facebook page Tony Mapson is back in Hospital, I hope all goes well for him

Copied today from the SOFA Facebook page :

Tony Mapson sent home after radiotherapy…nothing more they can do except pain control…Keep fighting it Old Friend, we’re fighting it with you

One of SRT’s Meyer contract vehicles

SRT Meyer contract.JPG

Sea route LE havre scania 141

Non premier voyage en Angleterre année 1973 marché de Londres avec des pommes

Maçon avec mon ami trevor

Morning all,
An attempt at humour this morning,
2007 my wife and I set off for a good break to Crete but due to the time away our insurance company wanted a note in the back window saying “this vehicle is right hand drive”.
Contacted a friend in Crete and asked for the wording in Greek, e- mail arrived with wording I did not know etc.
took e-mail and car to signwriter, this is what I want etc.
He used his computor to print and cut from the e-mail and fitted it=== THIS VEHICLE OPORATES FROM THE RIGHT HAND SIDE"
At this roadside shop the greek lady said what is that on the back of your car ■■? I told her, hell she should understand greek, she is one.
Gobble de ■■■■ says she, “IT IS NOTHING”
Arrive at my palls buisness on the island and she falls about, thats not what I sent you, in between the tears.
Turns out, her e-mail was correct to me, but my computor not recognising greek just printed " gobble de ■■■■" and I had it on the back of my car not reolising, funny or what ■■

IMG_0633.JPG

Just for a change another one of Jameson’s.

soton jameson sc psoton.PNG

Henry Smithers yard at Totton nmp, Buzzer.

While this is primarily a wedding photo the truck belonged to Travis Arnold a Southampton company I believe but was that the fore runner the company Travis Perkins of today does anyone know, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
While this is primarily a wedding photo the truck belonged to Travis Arnold a Southampton company I believe but was that the fore runner the company Travis Perkins of today does anyone know, Buzzer.

(Sort of correct) Travis and Arnold and sandell Perkins merged to become Travis Perkins

Saturday November 9th, Arlebury Park, New Alresford, Hants, SO24 9BZ
All welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk