Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

NMP

Hi all look at that a picture of the first truck i drove for Mr & Mrs Evans either before or probable after it had Roadferry name on it. Looks like when i was doing the cabins from Potacabin in york as i had a step frame trailer with a rope and sheet load back home. :smiley:

Hi all, here are a couple of pictures from Mr Compton’s get together this afternoon.As well as those in the picture Ian Elkins,Jim Street & Neil Barfoot also a lot of John’s friends and family was there ,John bless him made a speech which was hard to listen to i applaud him for making it he did very well. There was also an appearance from John’s last truck.Thank’s to John for the invite it was all quite moving.

john 2.jpg

John 1.jpg

neversweat1:
NMP

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, here are a couple of pictures from Mr Compton’s get together this afternoon.As well as those in the picture Ian Elkins,Jim Street & Neil Barfoot also a lot of John’s friends and family was there ,John bless him made a speech which was hard to listen to i applaud him for making it he did very well. There was also an appearance from John’s last truck.Thank’s to John for the invite it was all quite moving.

Hi Kev, glad you could make it after all, and what a great turnout for John…albeit under sad circumstances…

neversweat1:
NMP

Hi Kev,
Hope you and Jan are ok,here’s another pic of you loading in a factory somewhere in Swiss or France.
Also a shot of your later ride.

Regards
Richard

Scan 2018-6-11 20.56.01.jpg

Scan 2018-6-11 20.53.12.jpg

Richard
That factory looks like Amada■■?
Jeremy

Badger:
Richard
That factory looks like Amada■■?
Jeremy

You’re probably correct,as the King low loader that he’s under is LTS 50 .Wasn’t Amada’s warehouse near Kidderminster ?

Chris
most of the wide loads I did went to Tipton Warehouse along side the canal, if you had a 12 ft wide on you could chance it & go over the hump back bridge over the canal, but if they were wider you had to go up the high street. It was ok when we you had a Police ■■■■■■, but when they stopped, it was very tight up thru the high street. When we went to factories to install the gang from Reddi haul were brilliant, they knew their stuff.
Jeremy

Hi all, it is getting close to the time of year when someone should ask the question about the annual get together at Mr Sheppard’s in august or am i the only one thinking about it. Could be cos it involves alcohol. :sunglasses:

Hi all. Me again i think the trailer in the first picture parked in Lorrains looks like one of the step frames we used for the portakabins back load from some :sunglasses: where probably steel or tiles. :sunglasses:

Good thinking Kev. Time is marching on.

I for one didn’t realise how soon it is. Make a note of

the date lads. I’ve heard from a very reliable source

that a very famous character who you all know well

is going to put a few hundred over the bar. And I don’t

mean Lira. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Charlie hope you were not thinking it was me, famous yes but got no wonga left as I appear to have spent it all on steers, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Charlie hope you were not thinking it was me, famous yes but got no wonga left as I appear to have spent it all on steers, cheers Buzzer.

The thought never once crossed my mind! I was thinking more

on the younger person who is still working and earning. Not like us

trying to eke out an existence on our meagre pensions we’re poor

But happy eh? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

roolechat:

IMG_0103.JPG

roolechat:

roolechat:

Denny Belbin had a yard joined to LS Commercials (Les Slaters] old workshop in Northam from where he did coal deliveries with a Ford Cargo then progressed into heavy trucks and had one on for us doing International work, first a 2800 DAF ex ours then a mid lift Globetrotter and then a new FH Globetrotter in '94, MH moments once again, Buzzer.

PS. He did have a driver once who wore sandles, shorts and ankle socks but cant remember his name, can any one remember him, ooh and he liked one armed bandits as well.

Buzzer:

roolechat:

roolechat:

Denny Belbin had a yard joined to LS Commercials (Les Slaters] old workshop in Northam from where he did coal deliveries with a Ford Cargo then progressed into heavy trucks and had one on for us doing International work, first a 2800 DAF ex ours then a mid lift Globetrotter and then a new FH Globetrotter in '94, MH moments once again, Buzzer.

PS. He did have a driver once who wore sandles, shorts and ankle socks but cant remember his name, can any one remember him, ooh and he liked one armed bandits as well.

Was this one armed man a bit of a map reader as well? If so I might know him. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

roolechat:

roolechat:

Was this one armed man a bit of a map reader as well? If so I might know him. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Charlie he is allegedly driven all over continental Europe but I am not convinced of that story line, think he just had the flag collection in the wind screen me self, JD.

Oi you pair, now my cover is blown that i was just a wannabe :unamused: I did ship out to the I.O.W. once, does that count.?
Buzzer the mention of driving for Denny reminds me of the time i was in the yard fuelling up when you put the
" Fred Scuttle " stickers on the cab…bloody hilarious at the time eh…
We’d best not mention the time he shut the gate on me. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Were these 2 trucks owned by Jameson or would they have been another haulier they used for
traction work as neither are sign written ■■

A00100.JPG

A00388.JPG