Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

That looks like a Roy Muscato Marathon Kev. Were you there when Pint Size was there?
Was the F86 E.J. Thomas & Son?.

Hi gazzer no i worked for roy twice i think he was there inbetween my two stints and yes it was e j thomas from lasham.

charlie one:
Andy Harris has sent me a photo of him loadin at Cognac.

Rawlings tilt. Tractor still in blue as Horace had just finished

pulling for Sea Route.1972.

Thats a good pic Charlie !

I dont think this company is still on the go ■■?

soton keelhaul.PNG

Blimey Dean, that’s a blast from the past. Keelhaul long long gone mate.
I knew the young lady driving that, she is an ex of a good mate…no names no pack drill.
I remember a ’ long distance diary ’ featuring her on a trip to Italy…

mappo:
I knew the young lady driving that, she is an ex of a good mate…no names no pack drill.

Tony. You seem to know too many young women for your own good!

Maybe this is why you walk around with a stoop. Not critical at all.

Just extremely jealous! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

No need to be jealous Charlie, i’ve heard you were a bit of a ladies man back in the day… :laughing: :laughing:
All a very distant memory now though eh… :sunglasses: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

mappo:

You are right “mappo” that pic is from that LDD ! :wink:

Cant remember if i have put this one on before ! :unamused: Pitter Bros from 1974.

1974 pitter southampton.PNG

25,years ago

IMG_20180410_091039.jpg

IMG_20180410_091150.jpg

Afternoon all,
Someone mentioned E J Thomas & son ( son was Mike )
Pic taken about 1977 at Lasham, Harvey

HRS:
Afternoon all,
Someone mentioned E J Thomas & son ( son was Mike )
Pic taken about 1977 at Lasham, Harvey

Thats a good looking F86 Harvey i assume that the back axle lifted on that one,most of those 6
wheeler F86’s used to.

Another F86 pulling a Jameson trailer.
Not sure if Norman Offer is still going ? From memory he had a yard near the dock entrance.

AD01.JPG

Thats a good looking F86 Harvey i assume that the back axle lifted on that one,most of those 6
wheeler F86’s used to.

Another F86 pulling a Jameson trailer.
Not sure if Norman Offer is still going ? From memory he had a yard near the dock entrance.

Hi Dean, Mike liked the 6x4 set up, as most of his work was on farms and traction was important.
Some liked the 6x2 with tag, saying you could lift the tag a little to improve traction ( these days you cant do that ) its up or down with no choice when over the axle weight.
" protect the truck from the driver " :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

WOOPS, Norman Offer long gone. Son “think Martin” ran it for a while, I am sur a lot of people on this thread will be able to tell all, Harvey

Martin Offer was operating Romsey Garden machinery the last time I saw him
Jeremy

Young Offer was not made of the same stuff as his father Norman, turned down a trip to Volvo’s in Sweden as he was going and I was not the only one who did that remember as a lad seeing a brand new A series ERF on an F reg that’s 1967 parked near his house at Awbridge near Romsey and got a feeling in its retirement a chap called Andy Ping drove it on shunting duties he had a pony tail, the brain cells are still there cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Young Offer was not made of the same stuff as his father Norman, turned down a trip to Volvo’s in Sweden as he was going and I was not the only one who did that remember as a lad seeing a brand new A series ERF on an F reg that’s 1967 parked near his house at Awbridge near Romsey and got a feeling in its retirement a chap called Andy Ping drove it on shunting duties he had a pony tail, the brain cells are still there cheers Buzzer.

Hi John,

The cab was still in the Romsey area a couple of years ago.

Regards
Richard

Buzzer:

Thats a shame John, back in my days we would sit arround a table and talk about " who will fit in " but back then knowing your customers was what it was all about, some things have changed, not for the better !!!.
Harvey.
PS. think we would have had a laugh John.

Badger:
Martin Offer was operating Romsey Garden machinery the last time I saw him
Jeremy

Funny old world aint it, Martin did his time on ■■■■■■■ engines and if it did not have a 14 litre 290 ish!! he did not want to know.
Wonder what lawn mowers he deals with ■■? a little sarcastic Harvey

I remember going to Botley Mills as a kid. Not sure if they are still going ■■

AM06.JPG

DEANB:

Dean Botley Mills are still there but nowadays only operate as a retail outlet for horsey, cattle and pet foods and products, the old mill is split up into different retail outlets, baker gunshop etc, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Dean Botley Mills are still there but nowadays only operate as a retail outlet for horsey, cattle and pet foods and products, the old mill is split up into different retail outlets, baker gunshop etc, Buzzer.

Its a shame how many of these old companies have gone.Thanks for the update Buzzer. :wink: