Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

MMD now takes up most of flathouse quay,portsmouth.

charlie one:

HRS:
Hi all, some years ago i called in to a company ( in the old brewery, Romsey) and bumped into a chap called John Cooper.
Who remembers him from Robert Armstrong days and is he still about ■■? Harvey

I remember John Cooper from even further back. 1962 ■■■■ Hampton. John was a fitter

and got to the dizzy heights of foreman. Not a bad lad. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie, He was very proud of his 1 inch socket set, now i know why, cheers. harvey

Dinner at Coach and Horses, Kingsworthy, the 18th of November. Those that are interested stake your place please.

20170827_145328.jpg

I’ll be there Gary.Hope the batteries hold out on the buggy!

Been using the DKV card to pay for me online shopping so

maybe a little low on credit Richard. Sorry. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll be there Gary.Hope the batteries hold out on the buggy!

Been using the DKV card to pay for me online shopping so

maybe a little low on credit Richard. Sorry. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry.My finger slipped

charlie one:
Sorry.My finger slipped

You randy old begger bet that’s what you said to Rose all those years ago Charlie, Buzzer.

You moaned last year you didn’t get an invite Buzzer…you not chucking your hat in the ring?

gazzer:
You moaned last year you didn’t get an invite Buzzer…you not chucking your hat in the ring?

Last year I had a prior engagement Gazzer but you do not mention a time of day in your post, Buzzer.

Did you ever work for MMD? Wanted their pound of flesh.Good payers though.If you wanted to work you could earn.I did ok.Killed me in the end!

especially when roger honey was running the drivers lol

Dead right young man! Roger was a hard man to work for.But if you did what he wanted,he saw you ok.

young man ■■? where lol. do you remember butter balls and albie ■■

What about Terry Young,Ray Dixon,Dave Albury,Joe Ninty,Rasher,Henry To name but a few.Ring any bells?

Evening Buzzer, after the cows are in!

gazzer:
Evening Buzzer, after the cows are in!

BULLOCKS Gazzer BULLOCKS !!!

This is NOT the first lorry I drove.I was my Grandfathers.

Taken in about 1933. In the back were my Mum and two aunts.

Haven’t got a clue about the make. Any ideas. Picture was

taken at Bayford nr Hertford. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

00This is NOT the first lorry I drove.I was my Grandfathers.

Taken in about 1933. In the back were my Mum and two aunts.

Haven’t got a clue about the make. Any ideas. Picture was

taken at Bayford nr Hertford. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

I will correct my erroneous information, Cart & Horses, Kingsworthy, 19.30/20.00.
I’m still waiting on Elkie and Buzzer.

I know it’s not a Southampton motor, but it’s close ! This came in a batch of pic’s sent to me by a French friend off a French forum, not sure if it’s been posted before…