London- Central ? You can keep it!

If you like driving in heavy traffic where push bikes, scooters and motor bikes overtake undertake and pull out on you, Cars that pull out of junctions on you making you brake , cars that will do anything not to be behind you…and of course the traffic…But if you like all of the above then driving in central london is for you… :open_mouth:

I see this every time i`m in london, i keep meaning to set up a video cam to record driving in central just to show people what idiots are about they seem to have no idea what a lorry can do to someone who just walks out in front of you and cars pulling out…

i had to deliver next to victoria coach station and what a pain in the arse. Suicidal commuters with wheely cases in roads and lining the pavements it`s like pushing a shopping trolley through a large crowd…

But as crap as this all sounds i dont mind driving in central london as now i dont get stressed…Doing this keeps me sharp…

Don`t let me put you off try it for yourself… :unamused:

I like London.

On Rigid it’s OK, it’s fun to go 5 cm from the other lorries, buses, etc.

It’s much more amusing then boring Motorways (or, what’s worse, then queues on M6).

Kate:
I don’t mind London.
Usually we have only one or two drops, most are Crane off, so there’s not much room to manoeuvre.
I have done a full load into the Queens Tennis Club, which involved reversing all the way back out onto the A4, just before Earls Court, :cry: but I just didn’t let it stress me.
Go in, do job, come out. :slight_smile:

agreed :wink:

most at our place avoid it like the plague.
doesn’t bother me, i like a challenge now and then, and beats sitting on the m25.

agree with others, parking is a prob.

I agree with you orys inches away from wing mirrors and dicing with maniac bus drivers…Parking is a problem…

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage

orys this very good i missed it the first time, well it is saturday night the wifes at work and i`m tapping away at the laptop and a beer sitting on the table… :laughing: