Load security....question?

hook it up and crack on uless your a jobsworth or limper then be as unhelpfull,awkward,and a complete fanny.
if your employed and not a limper,then if you would be bothered enough,get them to print or txt you saying they are fully aware of the lead,and that in the event of any prosecution or fines,they will pay for everything connected to the load including your court appearance,then get on with it.
the pish relating to this is on a par with the new breed of terrified over a minor infringement newbie snowflake drivers that vosa might pick up on at a later date…sad to see. :cry:

dieseldog999:
hook it up and crack on uless your a jobsworth or limper then be as unhelpfull,awkward,and a complete fanny.
if your employed and not a limper,then if you would be bothered enough,get them to print or txt you saying they are fully aware of the lead,and that in the event of any prosecution or fines,they will pay for everything connected to the load including your court appearance,then get on with it.
the pish relating to this is on a par with the new breed of terrified over a minor infringement newbie snowflake drivers that vosa might pick up on at a later date…sad to see. :cry:

He wouldn’t want to see some of the card board loads I shift :open_mouth: I’ll post a pic Monday as I’ve got to pick a load up

i used to run peat from the midland bogs in ireland back up north,loaded through the roof by a mechanical shovel.
it looked like a pregnant hippo once full. ( similar to jessica simpson nowadays).
if we weighed in under 55 ton it was like a murder inquiry and threatened with chopped wages… all good fun though. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If it had chipliner curtains then no probs, but these days with the amount of people wanting to hammer us for little things, I dont think I’d want to touch it. Leave it for those who have the money to pay the fines…or drive it at night.

dieseldog999:
it looked like a pregnant hippo

Used to fetch scrap plastic out of a dairy in acton.
According to the customers employed drivers…it was illegal,because I couldn’t see the back edge of the trailer through the mirrors.

Never carried a wide load then? :unamused:

commonrail:

dieseldog999:
it looked like a pregnant hippo

Used to fetch scrap plastic out of a dairy in acton.
According to the customers employed drivers…it was illegal,because I couldn’t see the back edge of the trailer through the mirrors.

Never carried a wide load then? :unamused:

Wasn’t worried about not seing the back of the trailer , but more of the cutains snapping when I hit a pothole or the brake and had no idea how much weight was on the back doors.
I did put one of these trailers on a scale for suspecting of being overloaded but turned out to be just 30t for the whole vehicle. That one had a load bearing curtain so at least no pregnant hippo looks :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
i used to run peat from the midland bogs in ireland back up north,loaded through the roof by a mechanical shovel.
it looked like a pregnant hippo once full. ( similar to jessica simpson nowadays).
if we weighed in under 55 ton it was like a murder inquiry and threatened with chopped wages… all good fun though. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That’s all well and good and funny though until someone goes and kills someone because their brakes wouldn’t stop the vehicle at 11 tons over.

I think a pinch of salt goes well with some of the things DD comes out with … lol

raymundo:
I think a pinch of salt goes well with some of the things DD comes out with … lol

What, just a pinch??

british-salt-europe@2x.png

:laughing: :laughing:
You can always guarantee a WOOooosh moment after DD posts summet. :smiley: