Load of Rubbish

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:
Poor chap. I think we all have those days when we misjudge a bend and topple over

Speak for yourself!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh the shame

many moons ago I had the unfortunate pleasure of being in an ERF with a flat on loaded 3 high with round bales of straw . The driver of the loading shovel must have misunderstood me when I asked for a bit of a helping tow out of the field onto the road (quite a steep pull up out ) once we got the chain on he seemed to think it was some sort of tractor pulling competition and proceded to dig two lovely tracks towards the gate so we had to abandon the plan for that gate . On being told there was another gate 3-400 yards further up the field I set off up the tramlines hoping there would be enough room to get out onto the road . I’d just got going when I felt a bump - loading shovel man was at the back of the flat with the pallet toes in below the extension lifting the trailer up and pushing . He got the back of the trailer about 6 inches off the ground and when the trailer decided to follow the laws of physics it dropped 6 inches to the drivers side . Last thing I remember was the 18 l coolbox on the passengers seat doing a Mike Tyson and knocking me cold as the whole thing tipped onto the drivers side .
It happens - it’s not always your fault .

Carryfast:

adam277:
I wonder if Carryfast can think of a driver on here who has been on his side.

Unlike ‘some’ who seem to find it a challenge to keep a VW Polo between the lines and out of the ditch and fences, I could actually drive a Clydesdale with a top heavy multi lift bulk body on it like I stole it and no paint, street furniture, animals, or people were damaged in the process.
The important bit is knowing where the centre of gravity is for every different load ( usually varying degrees of too high and that includes empty ) and getting the steering inputs right to match.
To be fair being paid to learn how to drive, a 38t 6 wheeler fire truck loaded with 3,500 gallons of water and foam, like this, helped.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0MGV7JADQM

But trying it with an artic all bets are off.Bulkers should be limited to 8 wheeler rigid configuration.Artics are too unstable at high C of G and that’s just tipping the things on soft ground let alone driving them around corners.

Oooooo we’ve left the truck behind have we and now going to concentrate on the Polo? Maybe we should run a bet as to how many times you bring it up. I’ll start- 750. :smiley: I might be guessing on the low side I fear

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Bulkers should be limited to 8 wheeler rigid configuration.Artics are too unstable at high C of G and that’s just tipping the things on soft ground let alone driving them around corners.

Oooooo we’ve left the truck behind have we and now going to concentrate on the Polo?

Adam did ask…
Having said that we seem to be agreed on giving the unfortunate bulker driver the benefit of the doubt.Knowing how the things can be loaded with no input nor knowledge of the driver until reaching the first roundabout or serious bend on the route.

Carryfast:

adam277:

Unlike ‘some’ who seem to find it a challenge to keep a VW Polo between the lines and out of the ditch and fences, I could actually drive a Clydesdale with a top heavy multi lift bulk body on it like I stole it and no paint, street furniture, animals, or people were damaged in the process.
The important bit is knowing where the centre of gravity is for every different load ( usually varying degrees of too high and that includes empty ) and getting the steering inputs right to match.
To be fair being paid to learn how to drive, a 38t 6 wheeler fire truck loaded with 3,500 gallons of water and foam, like this, helped.

But trying it with an artic all bets are off.Bulkers should be limited to 8 wheeler rigid configuration.Artics are too unstable at high C of G and that’s just tipping the things on soft ground let alone driving them around corners.

He got you good switch. :grimacing:

ooh-burn-meme.jpg

adam277:

Carryfast:

adam277:

He got you good switch. :grimacing:

Dont go massaging his ego! Its big enough as it is! (yes videos attention seeker self important full of myself etc etc)

Carryfast:

adam277:

Gawd you espouse some rubbish! Your imaginary theories are far from factual physics, despite your faux, superior presentation.
There are hundreds of these running around every day.

images (50).jpeg

They don’t seem to randomly fall over.

Carryfast:

The vehicle in that video has eight wheels, and how would a 38T 6-wheeler be allowed on our roads anyway?
gov.uk/government/publicati … um-weights

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

The vehicle in that video has eight wheels, and how would a 38T 6-wheeler be allowed on our roads anyway?

He thinks shunting new vehicles in a private parking area is a highly skilled occupation.
When he finally got a real job, he couldn’t make the cut.

Star down under.:
Gawd you espouse some rubbish! Your imaginary theories are far from factual physics, despite your faux, superior presentation.
There are hundreds of these running around every day.

They don’t seem to randomly fall over.

I’m obviously not referring the ‘that’ type of a bulker but this one.Much more scope for a lot of heavy stuff to end up being thrown on top of a lot of lighter stuff.
facebook.com/7NEWSsydney/vid … 215146797/

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

There wasn’t much point in road testing an empty vehicle and you seem to have overlooked special types and exemptions which is how the army also got their 55t tanks there for testing and moved them around the country on 5 axles.

I though this was about the whole forum until I read it was about the Basildon rubbish truck tipping over

Sent while from gods know where

blue estate:
I though this was about the whole forum until I read it was about the Basildon rubbish truck tipping over

:laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

I assume with 5896 posts you have added plenty of rubbish to it :wink: