LMI’A

because in pei it will take 6mths to get pr in the meantime he will be on a work permit

I think you will find that you cannot change Provinces as soon as that PR comes through.
The Province is sponsoring you and expecting you to stay there a good while.
There will be some agreement you have to sign, saying you are committed to the Province for so long, and if you leave in that timeframe, then PR will be revoked.
It happened before on a scheme in ON.

neilg14:
I think you will find that you cannot change Provinces as soon as that PR comes through.
There will be some agreement you have to sign, saying you are committed to the Province for so long, and if you leave in that timeframe, then PR will be revoked.

yup I got a phone call from MBpnp to check I was still in the province after getting PR…if I mind quite a few folk got checked up on back in the day!

JIMBO47:

neilg14:

yup I got a phone call from MBpnp to check I was still in the province after getting PR…if I mind quite a few folk got checked up on back in the day!

This is BS once you have Pr you can go where you like within Canada, the province where you got Pr only calls for stats thats it.

nope not BS they asked if I was still resident in MB ( the province that nominated me)…. since I answered my home phone they got the message.iirc it was only a few months after getting PR., no other questions asked.

meant to say a local Chinese guy that lived in local village got nominated by MB got his PR and moved straight away to BC . Had his PR taken away due to the fact MB nominated him and he spent no time in MB after receiving PR., it made the local news. iirc in MB to get nominated for PR by the province you sign that you intend to reside in MB ,no length mentioned but if they suspect you were not going to reside It is classed as fraud. also if you sponser someone through the MB system and they bugger off straight away and found out YOU cant nominate anyone again.

JIMBO47:
meant to say a local Chinese guy that lived in local village got nominated by MB got his PR and moved straight away to BC . Had his PR taken away due to the fact MB nominated him and he spent no time in MB after receiving PR., it made the local news. iirc in MB to get nominated for PR by the province you sign that you intend to reside in MB ,no length mentioned but if they suspect you were not going to reside It is classed as fraud. also if you sponser someone through the MB system and they bugger off straight away and found out YOU cant nominate anyone again.

Fair enough, Alberta is different i was told I’m free to move, live and work wherever i wish in Canada when i got Pr at the border and in my letter. No matter I’m now a Canadian Citizen so i can do what ever i like.

all the best

rowson85:

JIMBO47:

Fair enough, Alberta is different i was told I’m free to move, live and work wherever i wish in Canada when i got Pr at the border and in my letter. No matter I’m now a Canadian Citizen so i can do what ever i like.

all the best

TBH that surprises me , didn’t think you’d been in Canada long enough to qualify for citizenship , especially working for Hit and Run where you’re working in the US most of the time . Congrats

rowson85:

JIMBO47:

all the best

You were sponsored by H&R not through one of these new scheme’s in which you are sponsored by the Province.
When the Province sponsor you, they are putting time & money into the programme because they need workers there.
Changing Province’s is the greatest reason for revocation of PR.

neilg14:

rowson85:

JIMBO47:

all the best

You were sponsored by H&R not through one of these new scheme’s in which you are sponsored by the Province.
When the Province sponsor you, they are putting time & money into the programme because they need workers there.
Changing Province’s is the greatest reason for revocation of PR.

I was sponsored by Alberta though PNP (Provincial Nomination Program) I got my provincial nomination in 9 days after submission. When you get Pr you can go where you want in Canada you’re not a prisoner thats crazy to say you can’t leave the province :laughing:

flat to the mat:

rowson85:

JIMBO47:

all the best

TBH that surprises me , didn’t think you’d been in Canada long enough to qualify for citizenship , especially working for Hit and Run where you’re working in the US most of the time . Congrats

Not sure what you mean dude I applied for Citizenship after 3 years of PR and was a sworn Citizen 6 months later, i was qualified lol

What I meant “dude” was did you spend 1095 days during the previous 5 yrs residing in Canada ? Or have the rules changed yet again ?

flat to the mat:
What I meant “dude” was did you spend 1095 days during the previous 5 yrs residing in Canada ? Or have the rules changed yet again ?

I wouldn’t have been granted Citizenship if i didn’t meet the requirements, they check everything border crossing with a fine tooth comb :sunglasses: it was a really easy process though and smooth, just gotta read that discover Canada book several times.

Discover Canada was put away on receipt of application then 18mths later when we got called for our test in 4 days was read multiple times, and many online tests done to. As you said, easy enough but the booklet is a must.

or like us old yins FTTM wait till 55+ then go for it ….got mine a week ago took 7months from putting in to oath day…had to get fingerprints done so that slowed it down.Been in MB for near 11yrs. Thank the lord I got o distance when I did as what a kin fup it is for guys now ,know some that’s had paperwork in over a yr due to the feds wanting every crossing/location for yrs and having to ask the usa customs for proof(freedom of information act)….seems guys on grain that run back and forwards daily got hit really hard by this CIC extra.(asked for at knowledge test ,meet the judge)…our local MP is on the case .N.B even when the drivers had crossings in a diary CIC require more proof, Canada border don’t have it you have to ask the americans!and they only give you so many crossings (cant mind the number /couple o months iirc) and cic want yrs back. :smiling_imp:

^ Nice one Jimbo , welcome to Canada ye olde ■■■■ eh . File all the paperwork under “no longer required” and relax , congrats mate .

Got my citizenship a couple of years ago when you used to be able to appeal to the judge regarding time spent over the border. Long drawn out process to be sure. Happy days now though. :smiley: