Livestock

Radnorshire Mid Wales.

Kington market.

Knighton market Radnorshire.

Llowes Radnorshire.

Knighton market.

Kington,Herefordshire.

Beedie Bros Ltd - Volvo FH - Port Askaig (Isle of Islay)

Beedie Bros Ltd - Volvo FH - Islay Auction (Isle of Islay)

Simon,

Beedie Bros is my mates firm, I drive for them sometimes too. I wouldn’t mind seeing more if you have any.

Cheers
Scott

A line - up of 4-deckers awaiting loading of breeding lambs , Hawes Auction Mart, September 2013.

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Bert Christie unit sat outside my place of work on the side of the A14 a couple of weeks ago. A big thanks to the driver who saw that I wanted to take a picture and he put the lights on for me! Apologies for the slight blurred picture, I attempted to take it on my phone and evidently it didn’t like me rushing it in the rain. Shame, would have been a great picture.

Our new one by day:

…and by night…

The sun was reflecting off the white metal fencing onto the side of this tidy Scania , thus spoiling what should have been a good photograph.
Does anyone know where the Scania hails from , please ?
Note the personal reg. no.

Photographed at J 36 Crooklands Auction Mart .

J.M. Bell & Son from Thirsk, North Yorkshire , - always well presented.
Bentham Auction Mart.

For those of you who cant sleep,...........heres a few (hundred :laughing: ) sheep to start counting . :grimacing:

All penned-up , ready for selling , at Hawes Auction Mart , North Yorkshire , September 2013.

cattle wagon man:
The sun was reflecting off the white metal fencing onto the side of this tidy Scania , thus spoiling what should have been a good photograph.

I think this is the place CWM. The address is on the side of the wagon and the farmers name is Adam Neachell which
would explain the number plate.

cromwellblues.co.uk/

truckfing:

cattle wagon man:

I think this is the place CWM. The address is on the side of the wagon and the farmers name is Adam Neachell which
would explain the number plate.

cromwellblues.co.uk/

Hi “Truckfing” ,
Many thanks for the information , re: Scanias owner. I hadnt got around to checking out the Website details shown on the livestock container side panel.

Hasta counted the number of sheep on my other photograph ? :unamused: :laughing:

I tried but kept dozing off. My brother in law works there so I’ll ask him, he’ll have put them in there.

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

cattle wagon man:

Livestock haulage is not confined only to 4 deck artics which are seen on the motorways every day .
In order to transport the animals to the Auction Marts , smaller vehicles are frequently required to navigate the back roads
and sometimes small farmyards for collection purposes.

In our area , even some 6 wheelers would have difficulty reaching some of the primitave and outdated farmyards.
In 1979 , we purchased this Dodge 50 Series to replace the 6 years` old Karrier Bantam . Unfortunately , it did not
live up to its expectations , as the longer wheelbase proved to be a handicap.

" Country Lady " is photographed here at Kendal Auction , on its third day from taking to the roads , September 1979.
The reg. no. PEC 123 V replaced the Karrier`s reg. no. PEC 123 L.

This is what it is all about Mackereth, the Cattleman nothing fancy, nothing over the to just a solid hardworking vehicle that earns money, good money. I imagine not just the farmers but all the businesses along the Carlisle to Settle line being grateful to see this old girl coming up the small narrow country lanes providing a life line for them, delivering and collecting essential goods.