Livestock haulage

Just yet another reason Muslims have no place here, they really do belong in the 12th century. This barbaric practice banned in DK for some time now although sadly some of them still live here.

gez28:
there’s the crawling under the decks with sheep

Takes me back to my youth… :open_mouth:

volvo2:
As for the Halal slaughterhouses I would slaughter those who insist on that sharia law be humanely put down or send them back to whence they came or their parents came drom if they were norn here. Same with the kosher slaughterhouses.
I don’t know how anyone wants to do that job you would need to be hard case to do it.

I didn’t realise until my customer went bust but the bigger part of their business was halal … Non of the drivers seemed to much mind however, but I think they were more on transporting the finished product than bringing the live ones in. I did meet the ‘Animal Welfare Manager’ who didn’t seem to have much thought for animals or their welfare :unamused: We had a chat about how the animals were transported, unloaded and straight in for slaughter. I asked why they couldn’t have a day or two to get over the transport and relax in a field before getting slaughtered :smiley: He reckoned it was better to get it over with as quick as possible which I suppose makes sense.

It was like a production line. A transporter backed up to the ‘in’ doors, sheep herded down the ramps and through the doors -at the other end of the building fork lifts would start coming out carrying carcases in what seemed like just minutes later. They were still herding them in at the other end so it was pretty quick.

I did hear that some of the sheep were left outside in the trailers overnight at times. Driver arrived the night before and overnighted in the yard ready for the ‘killing session’ in the morning. From what I saw they didn’t even have room to lie down and I am sure this would go against all the transportation rules … but the sheep were going to get chance to complain.

Unfortunately - it is just business.

chainmailguy:

gez28:
It’s a struggle getting a driver for livestock- I need one.
There’s a fair bit of waiting round in auctions and slaughter houses sometimes if there busy or lairage is full, then there’s the crawling under the decks with sheep and washing out.
Most farms and older auctions weren’t made for artics and are tight.
Every days different tho so it keeps it interesting!

Where are you based please?

North wales

ahh miles away mate or id have asked for more info. sorry