Liverpool hauliers 1970/80

routier:

Chris Webb:
I’m trying to remember a L’pool fruit haulier with red or maroon Leyland Octopussies.I thought it was H.B and H but they were from Newton-Le-Willows.

Blundell & Rimmer ?

Yes,that’s him routier thanks,couldn’t think of the name. :unamused:

is the yard with the scanias in it the old yard of james c ashworth?

There was snaylams of liverpool i remember coz i worked for snaylams of bolton,similar livery but not related.

Anyone out there got any photos of this company

Chris Webb:

routier:

Chris Webb:
I’m trying to remember a L’pool fruit haulier with red or maroon Leyland Octopussies.I thought it was H.B and H but they were from Newton-Le-Willows.

Blundell & Rimmer ?

Blundell & Rimmer weren’t Liverpool hauliers - they were from Halsall, then moved to Burscough into one of the first plots at the top end of the industrial estate; almost opposite Baybutts. They worked in & out of Liverpool on the fruit job, and established themselves as spud merchants, doing a lot of market work. Latterly they did a lot of container work and then a lot of lift tanks which Allan Booth then got into. I believe part of the business morphed into B&R Tankers towards the end.

They were all Leyland until the seventies, when they went all ERF. After that they had a lot of SK Mercs and some DAFs.

I remember B&R from Halsall as I worked for Eddie Core at the time in the early 70s and he had his garage just up the road from B&Rs yard and garage.

At the time they had a mixed fleet of ERF`s and Scammell Crusaders as well as the other ones they ran as I think they also had some Leylands with the “Bathgate” style cab.

Eddie Core ran Albions with the LAD cabs with a couple of BedfordTK`s on shop deliveries as the Albions used to go to Lincolnshire in the winter and Shropshire & Cheshire in the summer for the stall he had on the fruit market at Edge lane.

Also the Kamel bros (now Kammac) also had a Bedford TK that they used to have on a shop round serving chip shops etc. around Liverpool and The Wirral which they used to park at Eddie Core`s garage.

I can remember Eddie Core’s garage coming down to make way for the houses which now stand there Norman.

B&Rs is now J & M Morgan, a repair business. Mark Hoofe lives just up the road too.

marky:

Chris Webb:

routier:

Chris Webb:

Blundell & Rimmer ?

Blundell & Rimmer weren’t Liverpool hauliers .

They were all Leyland until the seventies, when they went all ERF. After that they had a lot of SK Mercs and some DAFs.

I stand corrected Marky.I remember them when I used to load fruit out of warehouses on the Dock Road. Their livery reminded me of B.Swindells on Burtonwood,maroon and gold lettering IIRC?

Found a couple of Liverpool lorries

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope they are of interest.

Cheers Marc.

Class pics there Bubbleman, you never cease to amaze me with the pics ye post on here!! Many Thanks

some oldies sent to me courtesy of Tommy Potter , many thanks Tommy

John Rearden…

Not very clear but thats my Dad with a guy called John Chadwick in Italy at 5am in the morning…

This is Tommy Potter himself…

just got these from a ex driver does anyone remember this firm what a character the owner was :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

if anyone has pics of any liverpool companies please post thanks

I remember Stuart Partington well, in 83 I worked for John Deveny (JMD) when his yard was in Birkenhead doing mostly curtainsider & flat work for BXL plastics from Bromborough and a couple of units on container work for OCL out of Aintree Container Base. In about 1985 we started to do some traction for ACL from S3 Seaforth, I’ve got a few picks somewhere but my scanner doesn’t work so If I can dig them out I’ll take them into work and scan them so I can post them on here.

Ross.

PS, anyone remember Steve Nickolson from Liverpool who traded as ‘Interfreight’ doing Middle East and later Poland & Germany?

Hello,
On this subject, does anyone remember and/or have pictures of the following 70,s/80,s hauliers ?

MOL Transport
Wm Rainford
Metrans
Transpeed
Appletons
AS Jones
Lever Bros
LF Briggs

Thanks

gandy:
Hello,
On this subject, does anyone remember and/or have pictures of the following 70,s/80,s hauliers ?

MOL Transport
Wm Rainford

I take it that you mean Michael O’Leary, rather than Mitsui OSK LInes :wink:

I thought I was going to struggle with that one, as the only one I could find was this, that I took at the 1992 Atkinson Rally in Leyland, with a pair of MOL Borderers on the back of Kev Dennis’ Atki ‘Buccaneer’

But then I found this one! Actually taken in one of Kev’s yards

And one of Rainford’s for you:

Yes, i did mean Michael O Leary, sorry about that, is the chinese six Borderer ex Killingbeck ?

gandy:
Yes, i did mean Michael O Leary, sorry about that, is the chinese six Borderer ex Killingbeck ?

That’s right - John Killingbeck built the Atki from a 4x2 Borderer ex W & J Riding.

Anybody got any photos of Guy Big Js run by Wall Transport his present fleet are FH Volvos blue in colour.Eddie.

erfguy:
Anybody got any photos of Guy Big Js run by Wall Transport his present fleet are FH Volvos blue in colour.Eddie.

Hi 240 Gardner
Thanks for that one.Eddie.