Liveries

Wheel Nut:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

switchlogic:
It is Mortimers by a different name

You sure about that?

Tobias Ovens

Possibly the hardest working man I’ve ever known! Just watching him hurtle round the yard makes me tired!

Not Tobias , it’s Toby , I thought Mortimers were bought out by a Dutch firm whose name eludes me .

Tarmaceater:
Not Tobias , it’s Toby , I thought Mortimers were bought out by a Dutch firm whose name eludes me .

They work closely with Boom but I don’t think they took them over and Broughton is Mortimer

Knights of old. Never fails to crack me up. Now they’ve added a new line ‘‘Serving with honor’’. As he throws his empty redbull can out the window.

Tarmaceater:

Tobias Jesse Ovens is his Sunday name and is used on the companies house documents.

Eat More Deep Fried Sliced Potato

Alas I was cursed with a White DAF :smiley:

Four of these guys regularly overnight in the truck park where my firm keeps its trucks. They are always immaculate and one of the more eye catching liveries in Holland.

Redder 5.jpg

Redder 6.jpg

citycat:

That’s some weird spacing between the trailer wheels. I bet reversing it is a lot of fun (referring to the first image above as attachments don’t show up in quotes)

ETS:

citycat:

That’s some weird spacing between the trailer wheels. I bet reversing it is a lot of fun (referring to the first image above as attachments don’t show up in quotes)

Not uncommon over there, I think the logic is load layout isn’t as important so good on heavy multidrop pallet work, like meat. If you notice the front one is lifted and wouldn’t surprise me if two lift. Pulled a few standard layout tri axles where front and rear axle while working in Holland. Don’t think they’re legal over, never ever seen a U.K. one here but makes much more sense as it means they manoeuvre exactly same axles up or down

switchlogic:
Don’t think they’re legal over here but makes much more sense as it means they manoeuvre exactly same axles up or down

My recollection is a bit hazy but I’m sure that a Scottish fridge haulier used that same axle configuration. Dave or Davie somebody or other. Iirc the trailers were purple.

the maoster:

switchlogic:
Don’t think they’re legal over here but makes much more sense as it means they manoeuvre exactly same axles up or down

My recollection is a bit hazy but I’m sure that a Scottish fridge haulier used that same axle configuration. Dave or Davie somebody or other. Iirc the trailers were purple.

Not quite the same configuration. Davie Malcolm wrapped up in 2011. it all went to Malcolm Harrison Auctions.

Davie Malcolm 1.jpg

That’s the fella ^^^

This guy was in the next bay but one to me yesterday. Once again, their tractors and trailers are always immaculate and look like they’ve come straight from the dealership. Colour coded wheel hubs and Durabrites help to make the visual effect.

I’ve asked my boss several times if I can have some shiny Alcoas, but he says he wants to keep the trucks looking low key because he’s worried the clients will think they’re paying too high a rate if they see the company can afford to put shiny bling on their trucks. :unamused:

I guess I could offer to give up some of my holiday entitlement to pay for some shiny wheels and a light bar. (not)

On the subject of Dutch transport, I was sent to Holland for a week to get Dutch number plates (Flagging out ) and their equivalent of a MOT test , which included a device that was used to test the fifth wheel, is this the only European country that tests the fifth wheel strength?
It looked like a metal bar similar to one to check the torque after removing wheels.

Munchkin:

roadcruiser:
Got to agree with ezydriver, Thorburn International ,their motors always looked immaculate…

Surprising really, as I recall they could’ve hardly stopped long enough to wash them [emoji6]

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

I think they would have been better plain white with no sign writing :laughing:

Charles Russell from Cheltenham springs to mind