Lineker and the BeeB

watched motd this morning,and it was far better without those buffoon’s rabbiting away :slight_smile:

500,000 extra viewers for MOTD. That says it all.

Looks like the BBC have just saved themselves loads of money.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

tachograph:

Franglais:
He risks being sacked from his job, because he spoke out against the Gov.

He didn’t just speak out against the government he compared the illegal migrants policy to what ■■■■ Germany would do in the 1930s.

But that’s the issue, he didn’t actually say that at all, that is just how it has been interpreted in a knee-jerk manner, and then repeated throughout the media. As always, we cannot trust modern media to give an accurate account of any event.

Lineker’s actual words were:
‘This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s, and I’m out of order?’

I can’t find any evidence by web searching that he used the word “■■■■”, only headlines claiming that he did. I imagine he was especially careful NOT to use the word “■■■■”; deliberately and carefully emphasising “language… used”

I don’t care one jot about football, MOTD, Gary Lineker of any of his mates who’ve decided they want to show they’re siding with him.

I do care about the media misrepresenting the views of anyone who exercises their innate right to free speech in this country. So as much as it chafes me to do it, I’m forced to side with the overpaid, up-his-own-'arris knobber who represents an activity I’d happily see eliminated from modern life.

They got record viewings without the boring twunt. I don’t like Gary much,but he is free to sound of anyway he likes,just not while tax payers fund his lavish wages.

In 1930s Germany the ■■■■s were not saying, “Let`s all put all the Jews in ovens”. But they were using language to “other” them.

Not everyone who uses strong language ends up throwing a punch, not everyone using the language of 1930`s Germany was or became, a ■■■■.

Lineker didn`t say anyone was a ■■■■. He said the language was similar.
I think he has a valid point.

Valid or not, he said it on Twitter, away from his BBC job.
He isnt mixing sport and politics. He isnt speaking on the BBC.

Andrew Neil wrote strong political pieces whilst being a political interviewer on the Beeb.
He kept his views off the screen when at work. No problem.
Lineker is doing the same. Where is the issue?

Zac_A:

tachograph:

Franglais:
He risks being sacked from his job, because he spoke out against the Gov.

He didn’t just speak out against the government he compared the illegal migrants policy to what ■■■■ Germany would do in the 1930s.

But that’s the issue, he didn’t actually say that at all, that is just how it has been interpreted in a knee-jerk manner, and then repeated throughout the media. As always, we cannot trust modern media to give an accurate account of any event.

OK, maybe I should have made it clear that I was paraphrasing when I used the word ■■■■, I know what Linekers exact tweet was it’s been all over the internet for the past few days :smiley:

I don’t think there can be much, if any, doubt that he was referring to the language that would have been used by Hitlers ■■■■ party in the 1930s.

Apparently big ears is getting a full BBC apology and reinstated to match of the day. What a joker :laughing:

OfCom boss in front of committee…
youtube.com/watch?v=X69Gts1QTYo

Bias?

Tory interviewing Tory, about politics, on a News programme ?

And these are the same people who moan about a sports presenter talking outside of the office!

All the publicity and coming out on top has gone to his over inflated head.
He now thinks that people actually gaf about his opinions that do not relate to football :laughing: …,.so now he’s gobbing off about summet else…no ■■■■ cares Gary, just keep discussing VAR. :unamused:
Pompous deluded (and grossly overpaid) 2hat ! :smiling_imp:

Just wish I was (sad enough to be :smiley: ) on Twitter so I could tell him direct…someone pass it on. :laughing:

I agree with you, Hes anover paid RSOLE,In my humble oppinion, Who thinks he cant be done without, , So kick him into touch And give him a well deserved RED CARD , Good Rid, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Lineker is writing about all of that on Twitter etc.
He isn`t doing it on the TV during sports commentaries etc.

If my boss doesn`t like what I say here on TNUK, about politics etc, should he be able to sack me?

If you dont want to read Linekers opinions about politics, don`t read his Tweets, twits. The complaints about him, have won him and his comments a far bigger audience, and given the topic more headlines than ignoring him.

Franglais:

If my boss doesn`t like what I say here on TNUK, about politics etc, should he be able to sack me?

If you dont want to read Linekers opinions about politics, don`t read his Tweets, twits. The complaints about him, have won him and his comments a far bigger audience, and given the topic more headlines than ignoring him.

You miss the point.
He can say wtf he likes,.sacking or not, it’s the fact that he thinks people are actually hanging on his every word,.and that his opinions are deemed important…other than to himself.

robroy:

Franglais:

You miss the point.
He can say wtf he likes,.sacking or not, it’s the fact that he thinks people are actually hanging on his every word,.and that his opinions are deemed important…other than to himself.

Well, your e making multiple posts about his Tweets. You and others are making a fuss about them. You are amplifying his voice. I dont follow footie, nor Lineker, but thanks to the fuss made, I see what he has written.
I daresay he appreciates the publicity you are giving him. :smiley:

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

You miss the point.

Well, your e making multiple posts about his Tweets. You and others are making a fuss about them. You are amplifying his voice. I dont follow footie, nor Lineker, but thanks to the fuss made, I see what he has written.
I daresay he appreciates the publicity you are giving him. :smiley:

I don’t think I will even come anywhere near his radar tbh, but if I do I hope he gets the vibe what a lot of people think of him, which evidently differs from his own perception of his relavance and/or importance…publicity or otherwise.?..not bothered.

robroy:

Franglais:

You miss the point.

You’re only of that opinion, because he played for another team…

If Alan would start cheering on Manchester United, you’d be of to buy a Ronaldo shirt…

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

Franglais:

You miss the point.

You’re only of that opinion, because he played for another team…

If Alan would start cheering on Manchester United, you’d be of to buy a Ronaldo shirt…

He also played for England including in Italia 90, and I was actually a fan f his when he wore that England shirt.
Nobody is questioning his ability in, and his knowledge of, football, but that is all I am interested in when it comes to his views.

As for your second point,.and I’m assuming you mean Alan Shearer, neither scenario would EVER come about …EVER.

:grimacing: :smiling_imp:

He’ll soon be no longer required like most of these overpaid presenters… this article was 3 years ago…

Also this situation regardless of anything, basically just gave the BBC reason internally to invest in this technology MORE,and sooner rather than later, to eradicate these situations.
No tinfoil hat stuff, just basic business in todays world, no more million pound wages… and doesnt get old, die or resign… welcome to the future.

And now Lineker has just got off with 4.9 million tax bill.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk