Likely Earnings?

Hiddo:

Col81:
It’s a big move for me, last thing I want to do is change Jobs and be going bankrupt in 6 months! I’ve been watching lots of videos on YouTube lots of them don’t paint a pretty picture. I would need a guaranteed job I wouldn’t want to rely on agency work

Pass your test first by using annual leave to complete the training. Then once you’ve passed, got CPC etc, then look at employment. When you change careers you need to factor in a bit of uncertainty. If your not sure about anything, don’t jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last sentence here is good advice ^^^

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If things don’t work out I can always go back

Do you have C1 grandfather rights on your license already? Just wondering which is your route for CPC and also the possibility of trying the job before laying out for training.

Please advise I’m clueless to this I passed my car test March 99 I’ve never drove a wagon. Can you please advise sorry in advance??

Col81:
Please advise I’m clueless to this I passed my car test March 99 I’ve never drove a wagon. Can you please advise sorry in advance??

No grandfather rights so you need to pass mods 2 and 4 for driver cpc

Like ROG says, no fancy complications for you. You’ll just follow the “normal” route.
Good Luck!

Truckulent:

Hiddo:

Col81:
It’s a big move for me, last thing I want to do is change Jobs and be going bankrupt in 6 months! I’ve been watching lots of videos on YouTube lots of them don’t paint a pretty picture. I would need a guaranteed job I wouldn’t want to rely on agency work

Pass your test first by using annual leave to complete the training. Then once you’ve passed, got CPC etc, then look at employment. When you change careers you need to factor in a bit of uncertainty. If your not sure about anything, don’t jump.

The last sentence here is good advice ^^^

Echo that. Similar situation as currenty in an WFH office job and looking for a Class 2 job. Went for a Driving assessment and passed but had a nagging gut feeling that it would have been a mistake… Didnt help that everyone i spoke to mentioned that drivers kept leaving “but they always end up coming back”

In my mind if its good in the first place there will be no reason to leave!

Start off by applying for your provisional and having a medical. PSTT will help you with that if you are using them. Also book, revise for and pass your theory and hazard perception.

Until you’ve got these and passed your actual test it’s a little bit pointless worrying about how much you will earn.

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck from me.

Hiddo:

Until you’ve got these and passed your actual test it’s a little bit pointless worrying about how much you will earn.

I think he’s asking if the £50k for new pass jobs are real or a figment of the media’s imagination.
There’s no point doing anything unless the earning potential is real.

stu675:

Hiddo:

I think he’s asking if the £50k for new pass jobs are real or a figment of the media’s imagination.
There’s no point doing anything unless the earning potential is real.

Yea I get all that I was just pointing out that everything is hypothetical until the license is obtained.

I made the relevant calls this am and the forum sponsor was very very helpful. They advised doing the class 2 first as the class 1 is very hard but not impossible i presume good advise. Also to do the starter pack and go from there.

Reading the reviews on some of these jobs at DHL, Hermes, Royal Mail, Brakes etc they don’t give a very positive light and most say they are earning £25k in reality. It is a minefield.
I think i will progress with the journey and if all else fails it is something to fall back on.

Col81:
I made the relevant calls this am and the forum sponsor was very very helpful. They advised doing the class 2 first as the class 1 is very hard but not impossible i presume good advise. Also to do the starter pack and go from there.

Reading the reviews on some of these jobs at DHL, Hermes, Royal Mail, Brakes etc they don’t give a very positive light and most say they are earning £25k in reality. It is a minefield.
I think i will progress with the journey and if all else fails it is something to fall back on.

The latter is what I do. It does work well…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Col81:

I’m surprised that they recommended doing class 2 first, most of the people with experience on this forum say going straight to class 1 shouldn’t be a problem.

Col81:

I’m on a DHL contract - just short of 39 grand with the ability to earn more for early starts / late finishes.
Other DHL contacts in the area ARE paying less - but for a 40 hour week (around 30 to 32 grand plus OT)
Several outfits offering around 40k

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hi, I have thought about this for 12 months now. I live bang on the M62 next to Ikea/M & S etc. The amount of units going up is crazy. I am going to do the class 2. Stay in my current job and fire my C.V and a covering letter to all companies in the area and see what comes back. The key is i have to earn £30k +

If you have to earn 30k plus go straight for class 1 instead of class 2. It will give you more opportunities if work and it will be better paid. I can guarantee you will get over 30k on class 1, not guaranteed on class 2 though

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk