Lidi aldi

Washwipe:

dieseldog999:
why would you strap anything like cages in a box?
2 straps across the back and job done.
or if its to tosco ott spec,why dont you play them at their own game of h&s pish and refuse to move the trailer unless the cages are strapped every row?
insecure load and all that?

It’s not cages. The items fit two across and are on swivelling castors, two across with 18” gap down the side, hence side to side movement.

If you mean Dollys with plastic boxes on, still don’t need to strap every one of the rows. 2 bars or 2 straps at the rear suffice .

done it myself at lidl enfield[are they still there,it was a few years ago]walked in told them what bay and they gave me 2 little keys,i asked what they were for and he replied ‘‘self tip drive’’ thought fair enough and got on with it,quite enjoyed it.

truckman020:
done it myself at lidl enfield[are they still there,it was a few years ago]walked in told them what bay and they gave me 2 little keys,i asked what they were for and he replied ‘‘self tip drive’’ thought fair enough and got on with it,quite enjoyed it.

Still there Truckman, Ardra Road.

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:
1st time I went aldi runcorn backed 0n bay went office they handed me a set of keys said that opens door that’s for truck. I thought they were joking at 1st.
There do it untill somone has a bad accident and hsa get involved then be to late

Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi Chelmsford they tip you.

Aldi Swindon can’t comment haven’t been there for over a year.

Aldi Rothersthorpe you tip yourself.

Aldi Darlington they tip you. Since when was there in January and i still tipped myself.

Aldi Cardiff you tip yourself.

Aldi is ok to tip.Would rather tip myself than sit in a stinking room.

pierrot 14:

Washwipe:

dieseldog999:
why would you strap anything like cages in a box?
2 straps across the back and job done.
or if its to tosco ott spec,why dont you play them at their own game of h&s pish and refuse to move the trailer unless the cages are strapped every row?
insecure load and all that?

It’s not cages. The items fit two across and are on swivelling castors, two across with 18” gap down the side, hence side to side movement.

If you mean Dollys with plastic boxes on, still don’t need to strap every one of the rows. 2 bars or 2 straps at the rear suffice .

We have to strap in two’s to the side, due to one side being fragile we then put in a load lock pole, followed by another two, with four wheel swivel casters they would stil move side to side. Every so often we get ones that we can load three across but are crushable, hence more load lock poles. But they don’t use any when they load, 1st touch on the brakes we can load another eight as it’s shot forwards.

yourhavingalarf:

littlejay:

yourhavingalarf:
Aldi Neston…

One of Eddies managed to crush his foot/leg/knee what ever, a large claim went in so now they’re tipping you.

Aldi Chelmsford they tip you.

Aldi Swindon can’t comment haven’t been there for over a year.

Aldi Rothersthorpe you tip yourself.

Aldi Darlington they tip you.

Aldi Cardiff you tip yourself.

Just returned from Darlington. They don’t.

This highlights…

The discrepencies inside depots. Ambient and chill appear to have different rules.

When we do aldi Darlington, it’s self tip on chill and ambient, yet when we used to deliver into produce, they’d tip us.

I don’t mind tipping myself, its the hunting out a pallet truck that has a decent charge left in the battery that pee’s me off !

If ever there was a comprehensive investigation into Aldi and Lidl ‘self-tip’ policies this is it. It cost Aldi a million quid.

healthandsafetyatwork.com/w … il-reveals

David H:
If ever there was a comprehensive investigation into Aldi and Lidl ‘self-tip’ policies this is it. It cost Aldi a million quid.

newly-hired Aldi delivery drivers, who are employed through an agency until they pass their six months’ probation, would simply shadow other workers to pick up all the elements of their job, such as how to deliver new stock to the retail stores, and how to use equipment.that looks like in house drivers does it apply to contract del driver

David H:

Interesting, what I can read of it. But it seems to refer to Aldi employed drivers? Is there a difference if the injuries are to a visiting driver? One who self declares that they are competent and fully trained to operate a powered pallet truck?

Franglais:

David H:

Interesting, what I can read of it. But it seems to refer to Aldi employed drivers? Is there a difference if the injuries are to a visiting driver? One who self declares that they are competent and fully trained to operate a powered pallet truck?

What happens if you refuse to sign such a form because you are not trained? If they send you away surely it’s on your company to give you training?

sammym:

Franglais:

David H:

What happens if you refuse to sign such a form because you are not trained? If they send you away surely it’s on your company to give you training?

Don’t think so. If you’re not happy with how to operate a pallet truck ask someone at Aldi to show you and guide you through. That’s the training. If you did a course in one at Fork lift truck university it would probably take five mins :laughing: .

I think where people have an issue is they know Aldi are doing it because it’s cheap. For me I knew that but I quite liked riding around on the pallet trucks so didn’t care :laughing:

Freight Dog:

sammym:

Franglais:

David H:

Don’t think so. If you’re not happy with how to operate a pallet truck ask someone at Aldi to show you and guide you through. That’s the training. If you did a course in one at Fork lift truck university it would probably take five mins :laughing: .

I think where people have an issue is they know Aldi are doing it because it’s cheap. For me I knew that but I quite liked riding around on the pallet trucks so didn’t care :laughing:

The Devil’s in the detail.

The Aldi RIDDOR reports don’t distinguish between Aldi ‘employed’ or visiting drivers. Its down to Aldi to report an accident from whoever wants the accident reported. RIDDOR is concerned with accidents ‘on site’ not who legally employs the victim. Aldi sites, be them stores or RDC’s don’t share RIDDOR information. This worked against Aldi when the Amber Valley prosecutor totalled them all up.

Aldi weren’t fined a million quid for breaking one drivers toes, They were fined a million quid because similar accidents were happening on their premises elsewhere, be them stores or RDC’s, and Aldi were doing nothing to prevent it despite 20 RIDDOR reports. As a company Aldi should have a mechanism to implement ‘comparative best practice’ which means introducing measures to prevent reoccurring accidents among company locations. Otherwise its a case of ‘yes it happened over there but until it happens here we’ll do nothing about it.’

In the case of RDC’s Aldi benefit from visiting drivers providing for all intents and purposes not only ‘free labour’ but an ineffective RIDDOR reporting scheme that does not flag up repeat offenders (another failing). Aldi realised that it was OK to keep reporting RIDDOR’s because nothing happened.

RIDDOR is a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) led initiative. RDC’s and shop stores are not under HSE cover. RDC’s, regardless of size, and stores are under the cover of the Environmental Health Department of the local council they are situated in.

For example, the huge Aldi RDC at Swindon is regulated by the Environmental Health Department of Swindon County Council. The same department that regulates fast food outlets. They’re understaffed and can’t build up a case until they receive enough complaints.

Its only when someone is killed that the HSE investigates.

Regardless of this you still get the Baldrick type drivers on here chuntering on that when at Aldi or Lidl they’d carry every carton off the trailer on a roller skate if they had to lol.

But seriously, when you have an industry that’s staffed by driving personnel involved in a ethical free for all you’ll often find yourself fighting a corner only to find someone else behind you walking round it because they think otherwise.

One day the Aldi /Lidl long running self tipping saga on here might come to an end,its been discussed that many times,its on par with the BBC with its repeats.

sammym:

At Lidl Newton Aycliffe (no doubt similar at others ) you have the option not to use the equipment and all they do is stick you in a queue for warehouse staff to tip you…But it’s a very very very very long wait.

Personally never bothered me doing self tip- rather that than sitting in the poxy waiting area they have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolipop:
One day the Aldi /Lidl long running self tipping saga on here might come to an end,its been discussed that many times,its on par with the BBC with its repeats.

like the bbc if you dont like you can change the channel

Self tip is great until you have to wait for your pallets to be “checked” cue the 40 min wait to get gone. Runcorn drives me nuts for this!

I tipped for the first time at Aldi Cardiff and although I was surprised at having to tip myself it didn’t bother me in the slightest. Was much more enjoyable than sitting in a room watching ■■■■ telly waiting for someone else to get around to you. I did have to actually ask the guy how to control the pallet truck as he was about to leave me with no instruction despite me having said I’d never used one before, so maybe a slightly more formal short induction would be good but it’s not rocket science. To be honest I was finding it went too slow for me even at full pelt, kept having to slow my pace down for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sammym:

Franglais:

David H:

if it is aldi goldthorpe and you refuse to self tip then the paperwork is stamped refused self tip, the supplier is then givin a finacial penalty for non delivery as aldi pay the supplier for the drivers too self tip the trailers. load then has too re booked and if a second refusal then supplier gets banned was what 1 of the managers at goldthorpe told me 1 sunday morning.

scotstrucker:
if it is aldi goldthorpe and you refuse to self tip then the paperwork is stamped refused self tip, the supplier is then givin a finacial penalty for non delivery as aldi pay the supplier for the drivers too self tip the trailers. load then has too re booked and if a second refusal then supplier gets banned was what 1 of the managers at goldthorpe told me 1 sunday morning.

Fair enough mate.

This is a weird/strange job. At that place you could get in trouble for not using the electric pallet truck. And at the supermarket I do a bit of limping (can’t believe I’m using TN lingo) I’d get in serious trouble if I did use one as I’ve not been ‘trained’.

I can sort of see the perspective from both sides. One wants the most efficient/cheapest in/out process, one wants the most conservative safe policy. I have a suspicion that in 10 years the efficient/cheap model will be the only one and the companies that refuse to change might not be doing so well.