Lichfield bridge hit again!

Been a while…

twitter.com/LichfieldBridge/sta … 60673?s=19

twitter.com/LichfieldBridge/sta … 10561?s=19

adam277:
Maybe if the government started issuing unlimited Fines to companies for bridge strikes I’m sure things would change fast. :laughing:

The railways already do, in a way.

The moment somebody rings the number on the bridge to report a strike, the line above is closed until a safety inspection has been carried out. You then have to hope it’s a quiet/disused line because every minute a train is then delayed as a result attracts a charge. This can quickly run into tens of thousands, meaning higher insurance premiums next year for the haulier.

I’ve suggested before that your CPC card should be endorsable. Hit a bridge = 6 points. 12 points and the CPC is revoked as your clearly not professionally competent.

twitter.com/LichfieldBridge/sta … 96707?s=19

And again.

They opened the curtains so were obviously just collecting from the bath store next door. :wink:

Ok might be better off collecting a pint admittedly!

On the CPC front, the trouble with linking it to CPC is you could do another week training and reset - employers might not even know. Whereas if you attach it to the licence, it stays for 5 years.

Again.
Oh bloody Nora. Spoke to soon. Any further info? Number plate etc?

twitter.com/LichfieldBridge/sta … 42594?s=19

biggriffin:
Again.
Oh bloody Nora. Spoke to soon. Any further info? Number plate etc?

twitter.com/LichfieldBridge/sta … 42594?s=19

Did he actually hit it, or realised and stop just in time?

FFS… it is clearly signposted, and there is even a signed alternative diversion… :open_mouth: only one reason why any driver would hit that bridge. Gross incompetence. Should be an instant suspension.

the nodding donkey:

Doesn’t look like the cab would go under so suspect he realised just in time or drove up to it to see.

There is a bit of a clue on the container where it says “high trailer”, assuming he could read that.

All they need to do is dig the road up, take 4 foot off, resurface.job done no more bridge strikes

trevHCS:

the nodding donkey:

Doesn’t look like the cab would go under so suspect he realised just in time or drove up to it to see.

There is a bit of a clue on the container where it says “high trailer”, assuming he could read that.

That’s the angle of the photograph. The cab will fit, but the container wont.

rob22888:

adam277:
The moment somebody rings the number on the bridge to report a strike, the line above is closed until a safety inspection has been carried out. You then have to hope it’s a quiet/disused line because every minute a train is then delayed as a result attracts a charge. This can quickly run into tens of thousands, meaning higher insurance premiums next year for the haulier.

Heres hoping the climate change rentamob activists who take so much delight in causing chaos never cotton on to this.

Here were go.
twitter.com/JonoTourism/status/ … 57379?s=09

Drempels:
Oh such ironic names, such wit, such joi de vivre, and doubtless, lashings of faux bonhomie to accompany it all.

Must be a right laugh around there, highlight of the week, a lorry hitting a bridge :unamused:

Reminds me of the recent manufactured outrage thread about drivers using mobile phones. People make mistakes, but very few of them make them as publicly and as obviously as truck drivers do. Does anybody know of a bridge (of similar design and construction) in The UK that has had any remedial work done to it following a similar incident?

Why does this thread even exist on this site? We all know it happens, we all know it could happen to any of us, why the schadenfreude? Get a life.
[/quote we all know it could happen to any of us ]
really if I’m driving a dd it ain going under a 10’ bridge is it

Driver was just following instructions - number plate says “FWD” so he couldn’t go back.

:blush:

There are these drivers that decide to quit their jobs by parking in a lay by and throwing the keys 30ft into the field or bushes adjoining.

Why not just wedge the ■■■■■■ under a bridge and ■■■■ off.

yourhavingalarf:

Drempels:
we all know it could happen to any of us

I take…

Issue with that. I make ■■■■ sure it doesn’t happen as do many other drivers.

Exactly, unless bridges are shrinking with global warming and climate change, there is no excuse for hitting one, unless you are stupid, blind, or of a religious persuasion that thinks its a jolly jape to destroy large structures