Licence renewal advice

Juddian:
Thats weird Shug, mine has just arrived this very morning, licence was issued on the 27/9, valid until 30/10 next year same anniversary date as usual.

What has always annoyed me is that on the new licence it looks like i’ve had an artic ticket since 1991, yet got the licence and passed my hgv test in '76, sadly like many i didn’t realise the real lorry driver’s licence was being replaced with a credit card instead, had i known that that they would be destroyed i’d have kept the old one for posterity and declared it lost at the time.

Aha well I have the answer J. I passed mine in 1980 but that was through the old South Eastern TA at Eastbourne. When they centralised it all at Swansea they started from a common date. I think you’ll find it shows the < symbol showing you passed it before 1991, the date they centralised all the data.

Got mine back in three weeks.

Sand Fisher:

Juddian:
Thats weird Shug, mine has just arrived this very morning, licence was issued on the 27/9, valid until 30/10 next year same anniversary date as usual.

What has always annoyed me is that on the new licence it looks like i’ve had an artic ticket since 1991, yet got the licence and passed my hgv test in '76, sadly like many i didn’t realise the real lorry driver’s licence was being replaced with a credit card instead, had i known that that they would be destroyed i’d have kept the old one for posterity and declared it lost at the time.

Aha well I have the answer J. I passed mine in 1980 but that was through the old South Eastern TA at Eastbourne. When they centralised it all at Swansea they started from a common date. I think you’ll find it shows the < symbol showing you passed it before 1991, the date they centralised all the data.

Much obliged to my learned friend.
Still bloody annoyed at them keeping and destroying that little bit of my personal history, summat my heirs of the future might have been happy to find to ease the disappointment of there being sod all loot :smiling_imp:

Mine was due mid June this year.
Forms came through end of April from DVLA, medical as 60 this year, posted off with proof of postage only (not recorded delivery) new licence came back in 8 days.