LHD Ford Transcontinentals

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:
Archived too thorough and just found the 1975-brochure on ■■■■■■■ for Ford’s flagship.

I recall some uncertainty on the fact that this engine was exclusively for Ford Europe Ltd.

Brochure was issued by ■■■■■■■ Belgium as they usually did for Seddon-Atkinson, ERF and Foden

How about finding the corresponding brochure for the Foden? That disappeared from one of your posts, never to return, during one of your more whimsical moments.

Excuse me?

Picture of brother Andy’s Transcon, between Arar and Turaif. He’s put the date on as 26/02/84. I was transport manager at Caravan in Dammam then. Andy always called in of course. He missed me that time, although he was able to make use of my flat for a day’s R & R. I had flown home earlier to get married on the 18th, and by 26th, was enjoying a different kind of sunshine. We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon! Happy days. I have more of Andy’s pics if you’re interested Robert, but can’t remember what I’ve posted before!

John

TAPline & Transco between Arar & Turaif, Saudi 26-02-84.jpg

John West:
Picture of brother Andy’s Transcon, between Arar and Turaif. He’s put the date on as 26/02/84. I was transport manager at Caravan in Dammam then. Andy always called in of course. He missed me that time, although he was able to make use of my flat for a day’s R & R. I had flown home earlier to get married on the 18th, and by 26th, was enjoying a different kind of sunshine. We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon! Happy days. I have more of Andy’s pics if you’re interested Robert, but can’t remember what I’ve posted before!

John

Cheers John! Don’t worry, I’ll have clocked most of them I reckon :wink:. Cracking picture of the TAP-line though! Later, it was illegal to take pics of it so mine are discreetly taken from the road! Ro

Nmp

robthedog:
Nmp

Got a feeling that was Phil Grants motor he is from Poole, Buzzer

Show-haul Transcon’s.

ERF-Continental:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:
Archived too thorough and just found the 1975-brochure on ■■■■■■■ for Ford’s flagship.

I recall some uncertainty on the fact that this engine was exclusively for Ford Europe Ltd.

Brochure was issued by ■■■■■■■ Belgium as they usually did for Seddon-Atkinson, ERF and Foden

How about finding the corresponding brochure for the Foden? That disappeared from one of your posts, never to return, during one of your more whimsical moments.

Excuse me?

You posted scans of a 1975 or 1976 Foden brochure, then removed it. It showed S90/Universal vehicles, with ■■■■■■■ NTC355 and 355E as the engine options. It was pertinent to this thread, in that it showed that those engines were not exclusive to Ford, as had been suggested in the press at the time.

Or a month later…what’s your question?

I end with the famous quote here…alcohol is the answer, what was the question.

In this era of sustainable energy this is brrrrr, waste of time or just ignorance?

ERF-Continental:
Or a month later…what’s your question?

I end with the famous quote here…alcohol is the answer, what was the question.

In this era of sustainable energy this is brrrrr, waste of time or just ignorance?

ERF-Continental: Anorak’s question was quite clear the first time round. It was qualified and clear the second time of asking. That you removed material from the forum is undeniable. That much is clear.

What is less acceptable, I suggest, is your pathologizing of the poster by suggesting problematic alcohol, entirely without a shred of evidence. What is also less acceptable is your continued rudeness in suggesting that the poster is wasting your time or showing ignorance.

I believe I still have scans of the brochure he wishes to view and will post it below these comments. Ro

Anorak: I think I have the brochure you require. Is it this one? Ro

@Robert…no hard feelings…enjoy your Sheppards Neame!!!

It’s obvious that on every thread we’re involved in at least one person enjoys
to have his doubts and raises again daft questions…remarkable after the feed-
back of for eaxample strong and good informed posters (Barreiros) posts lacks.

No harm done, I guess we all have time in between our jobs or leisure times.

I should have said but I forgot, when I posted this photo earlier, that A700 PKE was purportedly the last LHD Transcontinental off the production line.

sandway:
I should have said but I forgot, when I posted this photo earlier, that A700 PKE was purportedly the last LHD Transcontinental off the production line.

Yes, I thought that looked like quite a late reg for a Transcon, though I am aware there were others on the A-plate! Ro

ERF-NGC-European:
Anorak: I think I have the brochure you require. Is it this one? Ro

5…

No, although close enough to qualify for a cigarillo, or even a panatella. :smiley:

I am more certain now, that the missing brochure was for the model after this one- the S90 with the square badge. Like Ford (and ERF and S/A), Fodens used the NTC335, until about 1975. ERF went to the NTC350, while Ford indulged its penchant for slightly odd ■■■■■■■ specifications, with the NTC355 and 355E. Apart from being very close, in principle, to the later Big Cam engines, these were touted (By Truck Magazine, if not others) as Ford “specials”. The brochure for the later Foden proves that wrong, if I remember correctly. Ta for trying. :smiley: :smiley:

Porsche-956-B-for-sale-Maxted-Page-Limited-20.jpg

Another 2 images of ATW 953X, another image in different Livery was posted by Robert ( NGC ) on page 2

There are now images of LHD Transcontinentals ATW 952X, ATW 953X & ATW 955X on this thread . Was there a 954X?

Few more

5F87A4C3-1EA6-4724-A2A3-2025F30357CC.jpeg

A9928126-CD96-4AC5-A151-17DB31686817.jpeg

130C587B-A111-44BE-9AC0-37F5E655A537.jpeg

536E5A24-6C2F-4F42-AE2E-12456176A1BE.jpeg

6D6CECF3-B9D9-4315-A5C8-9921C1219F3A.jpeg

C254BB01-CF12-476A-9622-686643350D54.jpeg

NMPs

118766429_305640577197741_6840618630311363607_n.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
NMPs

Top one is Hooperman
Bottom is RHD

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMPs

Top one is Hooperman
Bottom is RHD

:laughing: whoops yes - I’ve deleted the RHD one. Yes, you’re right about the remaining one showing Chris Hooper. I didn’t bother putting his name on because he was so well known, but perhaps you’re right again to include it for younger readers who may not have heard of him. Cheers!

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMPs

Top one is Hooperman
Bottom is RHD

:laughing: whoops yes - I’ve deleted the RHD one. Yes, you’re right about the remaining one showing Chris Hooper. I didn’t bother putting his name on because he was so well known, but perhaps you’re right again to include it for younger readers who may not have heard of him. Cheers!

A dying breed unfortunately the likes of, that will never be seen again in the modern world of LOGISTICS !!