LHD Bollekens cabbed Mk V AECs

ERF-Continental:
I strongly doubt if Van Twist (mind the fact that they assembled the Seddon-VanTwist, however without full cab, only the
hood and fenders were there) did the bodywork. On the other hand, why would a distributor and user of AEC go to Belgium
where only a hand full of body-workers had the possibility, meaning that 80% was involved in coaches, like Van Hool, L.A.G.
and Jonckheere…as been said by Eric (TIPTOP) and Coovi was far too small, physically and business-wise.

Camerman did teh job themselves, with quite a bunch of surplus-items to produce a cab, to say the least a chassis.

Perhaps…a very small chance…the Miesse (Deraedt-VanNeste) was in charge for also the same cab-maker?

Food for thought there. Happy new year!

Ro

Did some digging in books/archives of Van Twist (established more than 180 years ago!!!) and unfortunately nothing
on the mystery AEC with an unknown cab.

Here some history…

Better image than the one earlier on :wink:

4319886332_608c10d7be.jpg

Buzzer popped this LHD Mk 5 on another thread this morning. Could this be an earlier attempt by Bollekens to locally cab an AEC? The characteristically peaked roof certainly suggests that this might be the case. It also has the single-piece windscreen. The lower half of the cab is much more faithful to that ‘Park Royal’ look though.

311568546_2344649412357004_7867882440890363871_n.jpg

Even as a wrecker in “St Job in 't Goor” really the name of the place, near Antwerp

AEC-Mandator.jpg

AEC from Van Twist

FB_IMG_1685653338233.jpg

Fb spot in colour.

Steve

FB_IMG_1685653467618.jpg

And another…

Steve

Interesting thread. Slightly related - Some of the photos show a number, prefixed by a ‘V’, usually about 5 numbers in length on the rear lower section of the cab, I.e. V-12345. I have seen this before on some Belgian trucks, and I’m curious what it represents?

Is it a licence number of some sort?

Thanks for any info!

It’s indeed a registration referring to each vehicle registrated in terms of the granted license to carry goods.

Sometimes the last number (afterV12345-) was the vehicle-number to have an immediate check.

vwvanman0:

Fb spot in colour.

Steve

Nice one Steve :sunglasses: . Not many colour pics of Bollekens AECs on here.

Not a Bollekens cab but Transit was a loyal user of AEC’s in Belgium

Again, not necessarily a Bollekens cab but LHD nonetheless, and almost certainly one of the Belgian Whitbread brewery fleet.