LHD Bedford TMs

ERF-NGC-European:
I also ■■■■■■ past the pot regarding the power :blush: , not that I had much info to go on :unamused: . LOL. Happy days! Now then, about this BMEP…

…squelch of the Monty Python foot…

robert

Forget the BMEP because two strokes are cheats that game the system in that regard. :smiling_imp:

But you might have misunderstood zb’s power comparison ? which was referring to the 8v71’s output at 1,650 rpm v the TD 10’s max peak output.Owing to the above. :wink:

Anyway…

As much as I love F88s, I’d take the TM every time, bigger cab, much better soundtrack and air con for the odd day that it isn’t raining.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Anyway…

As much as I love F88s, I’d take the TM every time, bigger cab, much better soundtrack and air con for the odd day that it isn’t raining.

Maybe its credibility could have been improved if it had been badged as a GMC like the Astro not Bedford ?.Bearing in mind that at this point there would have been plenty of haulage operators around Europe who were familiar with,and some who’d possibly started out using,ex US forces post war surplus.Although that still wouldn’t have stopped the seeming long term Volvo plan of buying GM’s heavy vehicle operations off the scene.

I preferred the Chevy Titan moniker to the GMC Astro. I’m sure that either would have had a much better public perception than Bedford, who everybody knew made cheap little lorries. A standalone heavy truck division with a separate identity could have had a positive impact on market share, especially when everyone was Rubber Duck mad in the 70s.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ERF-NGC-European:

My mate Bill Wheatley driving her

French TM

Posted on the Saviem thread by PV83 this morning.

French. 6X4 ?

No lift axle with those mudwings, so probably 6x4, as you suggest. Looks the business.

DWP photo

robthedog:
DWP photo

Perhaps 580 is its fleet number, as the number is too low to mean cubic inches capacity and too high to denote its bhp. :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:
DWP photo

Perhaps 580 is its fleet number, as the number is too low to mean cubic inches capacity and too high to denote its bhp. :laughing:

Be careful what you say RO We’ll have carryfast on here telling us the tuning ability’s of Detroit and the ability to achieve 580bhp

Italy as drawbar and trailer.

I

PXL_20230922_163049709.MP.jpg

Nice example seen on a roadrun this weekend