LHD Bedford TMs

LOL an odd bod motor to promote great conjecture!

I noticed; one wiper, no lower step, KM front wheel to arch perfect as original i.e. HUGE, and that roping…is there a dolly in there?

Hey,

Italian motorshow 1977.

Eric,

vgr58.jpg
nbvcxz_58.jpg

Wauthier in Carvin (62).

v_58.jpg

Looks like Bedford must have done a tour of the Middle East a bit like ERF did. I wonder if this was
common practise back in the 70’s.I know the last 2 are RHD but thought these might be of intrest
to you Robert.

bedfordme1.jpg

DEANB:
Looks like Bedford must have done a tour of the Middle East a bit like ERF did. I wonder if this was
common practise back in the 70’s.I know the last 2 are RHD but thought these might be of intrest
to you Robert.

This appears to be in Agadez in the country of Niger in the Sahel region of North Africa. It’s probably a publicity trip rather than a demo one. It was quite fashionable to take new models out to exotic locations for photo-shoots in the '70s and '80s. You may remember Volvo did it in Morocco with the F89. Even as recently as 1999 I remember seeing a thinly-disguised MAN TG (pre-production) in Tangiers port; and later seeing publicity pics of TGs taken in the wilder corners of Morocco. Cheers! Robert

Was sent these scans this week. Robert

Hi! Dont know if i posted this one. But here is one of the TMs that was sold here in Sweden. Article from 1981.

Danne

ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p91861738 … #h1a7d3581

one from Finland too

There you go Robert i told you there were some sold in Finland! Great pics Benkku,a wrecker. Got some Loré pics of it?

Danne

Dirty Dan:
There you go Robert i told you there were some sold in Finland! Great pics Benkku,a wrecker. Got some Loré pics of it?

Danne

Nice one Danne and Benkku! Robert

That’s a Bedford VAL coach on the hook, if I’m not mistaken.

The Bedford Blitz was sold on the German market. Chris

Scan0002.jpg

Marmeth had some GMC Astro’s with Detroits. I think GM persuaded them to take on some TM’s to compare with the Astro’s, probably much cheaper and better support.

gazzer:
Marmeth had some GMC Astro’s with Detroits. I think GM persuaded them to take on some TM’s to compare with the Astro’s, probably much cheaper and better support.

It’d be interesting to know what their findings were! Robert