LFC942W F10

bristolrob:
A quick google, and this came up, i think if you can get in contact with the guy on this forum you may find out more, only 5yrs ago this thread, but she looked very tidy then;

tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=36669

There are a few good photos on there too

Hi
The pictures in this link, with all Lens stuff in, is exactly as it sits in my yard now, even with the anadin …

Will,
The Volvo was blue when Len bought her and had those Alcoa wheels fitted to her, he ran her for a while as a 4 x 2 but after a trip to Holland with that Fowler engine on board decided to fit that tag on her.
Waiting for another phone call back to see if I can gather anymore info for you,
Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:
Will,
The Volvo was blue when Len bought her and had those Alcoa wheels fitted to her, he ran her for a while as a 4 x 2 but after a trip to Holland with that Fowler engine on board decided to fit that tag on her.
Waiting for another phone call back to see if I can gather anymore info for you,
Cheer’s Pete

Pete thats Brilliant

Hi will. I know the chap that owned this truck from new.

Another pic of it.

WillF10:
Good morning all

Can someone please help me find out some info on the very original Volvo F10 i have just purchased… I understand Len Crane owned it, but im trying to find out for how long and any other history about it…

Im new to this on Truck Net so apologise if i have done anything wrong!

Best wishes
Will

Good Morning WillF10 I have just rejoined as i see you are after info on LFC942W Volvo F10
Only last week i called in to see Don for a chat and a coffee and went through some of his photos
I will have a word with him before i pass his phone number on ? but am sure he will be pleased to know its still about,
I did have the chance to buy it off him but bought a new DAF space cab in 1986, Smith Bros was the last owner of it,its now in Southern Ireland,
Ref the Volvo Don bought it new from Dawsons and worked it out of Garside Sand Leighton Buzzard pulling a tandam axle tipping trailer , are managed to get 21ton payload.
His name in Don Tatam he lives in Bierton nr Aylesbury and is 92 years old, He parked it in Wing at the side of Cafe he also owned.