Leyland Lorries

Great Dorset. Chris

Kempston:

A use of the LAD cab that rarely gets a mention, the Leyland 90. A Standard diesel engine like the Fergy tractor and a BMC split case rear axle, they were not a big seller and I’m guessing that when the BMC range came into the Leyland Group the FG was already well established and the 90 was dropped? At least one is preserved and rallied though.

Pete.

ZZ  DBV77B.jpg

My father had one of these Leyland 90s for a short time. It had a Recardo direct injection engine and was a pig to start. He sold it to a coal merchant and replaced it with a FG tipper, a cracking tool one of many he ran. As a kid spent all my holidays riding around the South Wales Valley’s in threepenny bits.

This appears to be a recent photo of a Beaver(?) still in action in Kenya:
toprun.ch/truck/2018-01/Keny … large.html

Beaver in Uruguay :

SoM had a fleet of these based at Reeds of Aintree shifting cans and drums,this one seen parked at the side of the Manchester depot workshops.

Hi all,

Just thought I would start a thread about Leyland Lorries for themselves
Others seem to have their own so why not Leyland?

Here is a start.

Hope people will contribute?

Old school Leyland Beaver in original condition
scan0015.jpg

scan0016.jpg

Lovely Reader Brothers Octopus, just not so sure about the sleeper conversion though!

Here are a few from around the shows last year.
This C-reg Beaver is on show at the museum in Chorley and it has only got 1000 miles on the clock since the day it was built.
Leyland Beaver @ Museum 1.JPG
Leyland @ Museum 1.JPG
Leyland Octopus @ Museum.JPG

The constructer looks like it is still earning a living, its a rare one being a 60 series with either a small Leyland or sometimes Daf engine. I had a sister one to that on BRS an 80 series with TL11 engine the reg. was C456 VWD, both would have been new from Brownhills commercials.

A few from one of the firms I drove for.

A few from Herefordshire.

Whoops :exclamation:

Leyland lorries where shipped all over the world (when we made things in the UK) not just the Empire, here are a couple from Turkey and a double drive full sleeper being double manned by Romanians.

dsq.jpg

Some Leylands at Gaydon 2010.

Great pics being added here, thank you

Here are a couple more…