Letter received from Stobart

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:
UKtramp…a genuine question if I may.
Was you promised/assured the earth which then turned into anything but once your out on the road and under the command of the planners??

No it is was just the whole regime, the company, the contracts they have the sheer size of it, not knowing who anyone is, it’s all a bit faceless. Majority f the drivers are foreign, that to me was the biggest part, I have nothing against foreign drivers, but I would like to be feeling I am working for a British company when working in the UK.

Stobartski love the flip flop long time :grimacing:

( Planners also love getting a pay incentive for clearing their screens and rinsing every driver within an inch of their life :unamused: )

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:
UKtramp…a genuine question if I may.
Was you promised/assured the earth which then turned into anything but once your out on the road and under the command of the planners??

No it is was just the whole regime, the company, the contracts they have the sheer size of it, not knowing who anyone is, it’s all a bit faceless. Majority f the drivers are foreign, that to me was the biggest part, I have nothing against foreign drivers, but I would like to be feeling I am working for a British company when working in the UK.

Stobartski love the flip flop long time :grimacing:

( Planners also love getting a pay incentive for clearing their screens and rinsing every driver within an inch of their life :unamused: )

15 hr days ain’t for me beaver, you know as well as I do what they want out of you. Your doing two weeks work for 1 weeks money.

Darkside:

Juddian:

tommy t:

Juddian:

It should start with those big corps who evade taxes and the ones like Branson not those at the bottom

These individuals and companies are not flouting the law, they, quite rightly in my opinion, are arranging their finances legally in order to stop the taxman from plundering their ■■■■■, maybe if our nation employed the same accountants as they these loopholes and work arounds wouldn’t have been left available for exploitation.

Ironically many lefty liberal celebs have been exposed as using such ways of avoiding paying too much tax, and some labour controlled local authorities to the tune of £millions too, i don’t blame any of them mind you, if our leaders and so called betters hadn’t been so addicted to the magic money tree for the last 40 years, ■■■■■■■ money up the wall like it grew on trees we wouldn’t be up national crap creek without an unborrowed penny to our name.

+1

So if everyone was able to do the same thing , then what■■? no one paying taxes no infrastructure nothing they all should be not ferret away offshore

tommy t:
So if everyone was able to do the same thing , then what■■? no one paying taxes no infrastructure nothing they all should be not ferret away offshore

What’s really annoying is that stuff like this is going on,

theguardian.com/news/2017/n … den-wealth

and yet they’re going after the working man who’s perks amount to a few quid.

Darkside:

Juddian:

tommy t:

Juddian:

It should start with those big corps who evade taxes and the ones like Branson not those at the bottom

These individuals and companies are not flouting the law, they, quite rightly in my opinion, are arranging their finances legally in order to stop the taxman from plundering their ■■■■■, maybe if our nation employed the same accountants as they these loopholes and work arounds wouldn’t have been left available for exploitation.

Ironically many lefty liberal celebs have been exposed as using such ways of avoiding paying too much tax, and some labour controlled local authorities to the tune of £millions too, i don’t blame any of them mind you, if our leaders and so called betters hadn’t been so addicted to the magic money tree for the last 40 years, ■■■■■■■ money up the wall like it grew on trees we wouldn’t be up national crap creek without an unborrowed penny to our name.

+1

Unfortunately it the same accountants. They write the rules for HMRC and then sell their services to the private sector to get round the loopholes they left. The government can’t afford to pay what the private sector does so cant stop it.

In my opinion what needs to happen is where these “celebrities” are found to have broken the law the accountants need punishing as well. At the minute they advise anything they think they can get away with and if it all goes wrong just walk away

Captain Caveman 76:

Did you watch the Panorama program on TV the other night about this. The Isle of Man, Bermuda all British tax havens run by British companies advising how to avoid paying tax for the super rich. Unbelievable when you see it.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Did you watch the Panorama program on TV the other night about this. The Isle of Man, Bermuda all British tax havens run by British companies advising how to avoid paying tax for the super rich. Unbelievable when you see it.

Unfortunately not. The sad thing is, it’s not really a surprise that it goes on, but the scale of it is. Yet HMRC thinks the few quid that truckers get for their food is a priority.

Captain Caveman 76:

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Unfortunately not. The sad thing is, it’s not really a surprise that it goes on, but the scale of it is. Yet HMRC thinks the few quid that truckers get for their food is a priority.

If you get the chance to watch it on catchup or iplayer, do it. I agree the HMRC are fleecing the wrong people.

If anybody wants to sapre the indignity of rummaging through MSA bins for recipets, I’ll sell you mine for £1 each.

ezydriver:
If anybody wants to sapre the indignity of rummaging through MSA bins for recipets, I’ll sell you mine for £1 each.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I only accept cash, mind.

What tf do you all expect.■■
Many of you had the audacity (I was too ■■■■ late. :unamused: :smiley: ) to jump on that loophole, or whatever it was, that allowed you to claim about 2 grand back by putting in receipts for your nights out.
This amounts to ‘‘The plebs taking on The Establishment’’ …they ■■■■ hate that, they think we should be kept in our lowly places and know those places as being oiks or peasants to the gentry.
So now they are showing us who is boss and what happens to those who want to take them on.
The drivers are revolting, :laughing: …let’s show them :bulb:

ezydriver:

Can I get a receipt?

Captain Caveman 76:

ezydriver:

Can I get a receipt?

Yes mate, £1 each. PM me your bank account number, sort code, and PIN number, and I’ll send as many as you want.

It’s £75 of your wages tax free , what’s not to like about that , if I had my way I’d have the whole bloody wage as a meal allowance
I bet when you idiots find a fiver you hand it back :unamused:

UKtramp:
Received this in the post today, obviously covered up my name and address!!! Basically we now have to keep receipts for the meal allowance that is paid to us tax free, although we do not have to hand them in, we need to keep them for 12 months just in case HMRC decide to check them. My question is, how can they now say that this meal allowance is part of the wage structure? I do not spend £15 per day on meals!!!

Are you still there , what’s your thoughts on message on micorolise , key safety measure , 3 in 4 days :wink: :angry: :laughing: a

UKtramp:
Received this in the post today, obviously covered up my name and address!!! Basically we now have to keep receipts for the meal allowance that is paid to us tax free, although we do not have to hand them in, we need to keep them for 12 months just in case HMRC decide to check them. My question is, how can they now say that this meal allowance is part of the wage structure? I do not spend £15 per day on meals!!!

Dozy, that’s the letter that Eddie sent you in 2016.

Not unless we just entered a time warp it isn’t.

Should have covered the date up too dozy.

the nodding donkey:
Should have covered the date up too dozy.

I have!!!