Les Routiers

Wow Malc that looks tasty :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re stopping on RN10, do it at Vivonne, just south of Poitiers, excellent food :wink:

Dont depend on just the routiers signs on the restaurants , if there are a lot of French trucks parked outside a restaurant the food there is usually very good .

I have over the years eaten at some routiers where the food was terrible , but never
at a resto with loads of trucks outside .

Dont forget the gaviscon .

Enjoy

quirky

I find them great. No problems with security, although I have found some of the showers to be a bit iffy (slipped over at the one in Castets). In general the food is really good and you know it will be good if the parking area is crowded with both trucks and cars.
I would avoid the Center Routier at Rennes.

Puddlejumper:
I would avoid the Center Routier at Rennes.

Unless things have changed in the last few years I’d give the one @ Bordeaux a ‘wide berth’ too.

Ross.

Thanks for all the info looking forward to giving it a whirl on my next euro trip!

newmercman:
If you’re stopping on RN10, do it at Vivonne, just south of Poitiers, excellent food :wink:

All round best routier ,access from both sides of the N10 can’t be beaten!!

Another sign to look is central routiers as well.

Britlad:

newmercman:

All round best routier ,access from both sides of the N10 can’t be beaten!!

I would have to argue the Le Belle Cantinire further down from Vivvone is better. The buffet entree and deserts are much better.

Had a meal at Vivonne the other week and must admit wasn’t overly impressed.

Usually they are very good and occasionally as with most things they can be bad. As has been said before look for the signs saying “Centre Routier” to be founfd around most cities and larger towns. These are large routiers catering mainly but not entirely to trucks. Alternatively you can use the Relais Routiers web site to find one nearest to your route. http://www.relais-routiers.com/

I found this site in my travels which gives a review of Routiers by French Drivers although it does allow you to add your own.
It looks at all aspects of the places with regard to Food, Toilets and Showers, Parking etc.
http://www.resto-routier.com/