Leicester-Madrid

Harry Monk:
We would want a shade over £2000 for that, someone like Rosewood would pay about £1250.

Do you mean for 1 way as you have a decent paying load to come back with? Not trying to infer anything one way or the other, just curious. It doesn’t seem a lot of money to me, but if there is something to come back you want to get there to pick-up, it makes sense.
Errr, maybe

mash8668:
Thank’s guys for all the help. Whats going on with the rates for this type of work? We researched, worked it all out, quoted not unreasonably we thought and were underquoted by 900 quid !!! (Sorry, that was for N Italy back to midlands). What is reasonable for that run, one drop UK?
Any ideas.
Cheers, Mash.

we seem to have endless emails from rumo and bulgy operators looking for tilt loads from italy to UK at the moment, why on earth they want to end up here at the moment empty i dunno :confused: that’d account for plumetting rates though :unamused:

You are not thinking like a transport operator
whose drivers are used to spending up to 3 or
more months away from Home, They can come
into the UK; WITH A LOAD DO legaly/or not,(non-EU;COUNTRYS) some runs
in the UK; and then reload for All Points outside
of the UK;How many UK hauliers /drivers
spend so long outside of the UK; I think the numbers
is not very many as compered to the eastern countrys,

DoYouMeanMe?:
Do you mean for 1 way as you have a decent paying load to come back with? Not trying to infer anything one way or the other, just curious. It doesn’t seem a lot of money to me, but if there is something to come back you want to get there to pick-up, it makes sense.
Errr, maybe

The days of a trip paying for itself one way, with a return load being a bonus, have long gone.

squarepeg:

DoYouMeanMe?:
Errr, maybe

The days of a trip paying for itself one way, with a return load being a bonus, have long gone.

Unless you are doing removals (not all companies) most large companies run home empty

jimti:

squarepeg:

DoYouMeanMe?:
Errr, maybe

Unless you are doing removals (not all companies) most large companies run home empty

Sorry, I was of course referring to freight

jimti:

naturally, who in their right mind would move TO the UK these days? :unamused:

not sure where you are coming from brit pete - we regularly do crosstrade loads, poland to spain, belgium to italy etc and stay out for weeks, i was commenting on the fact that there seem to be very few exports from UK at the moment, so why actively look for loads when the usually lucrative italy to uk traffic seems to be down also :bulb:

jj72:

jimti:

naturally, who in their right mind would move TO the UK these days? :unamused:

not sure where you are coming from brit pete - we regularly do crosstrade loads, poland to spain, belgium to italy etc and stay out for weeks, i was commenting on the fact that there seem to be very few exports from UK at the moment, so why actively look for loads when the usually lucrative italy to uk traffic seems to be down also :bulb:

This is a part of the post I wrote
How many UK hauliers /drivers
spend so long outside of the UK; I think the numbers
is not very many as compered to the eastern countrys,
Also the chance of doing some internal work, BEFORE takeing a load which takes them out of the UK,#
Over here in Germany we have this problem that many eastern forms will run just for the price of a full fuel tank, .
when doing internal work, CAN you or I do this NO,
also how many UK firms do stay out Months & not Weeks on end,NOT very Many as I posted early,From the UK , a load to any where in the EU then allows them to look for more
loads before thinking of a reload back Home.

jj72:

mash8668:
Thank’s guys for all the help. Whats going on with the rates for this type of work? We researched, worked it all out, quoted not unreasonably we thought and were underquoted by 900 quid !!! (Sorry, that was for N Italy back to midlands). What is reasonable for that run, one drop UK?
Any ideas.
Cheers, Mash.

we seem to have endless emails from rumo and bulgy operators looking for tilt loads from italy to UK at the moment, why on earth they want to end up here at the moment empty i dunno :confused: that’d account for plumetting rates though :unamused:

Could be they get a bonus payment off the people smugglers. :smiling_imp: