Left-Hand Drive EC-series ERFs

Another Spanish job. robert

other__erf_410_4x2_ec12c_2001_2_lgw.jpg

erf-ec-14,d-743_3.jpg
erf-ec-14,d-743_1.jpg

The journey back to UK might have been a bit bumpy, what so what!

erf-ec-14,d-743_3.jpg

erfmmm.jpg

3224415357_1_2_CpaYhfRl.jpg

This was on a Polish website and the unit looks like the Luxembourg ERF shown earlier on this thread… robert

erf_ec_polska_wypadek_1.jpg

Here is something of an oddity: an ERF-built Western Star with LHD and on Dutch plates! Robert

A cpuple of Spanish examples. Robert

EC spain.jpg.bmp.jpg
EC spain ERF.jpg.bmp.jpg

…and another Portuguese one:

robert1952:
Here is something of an oddity: an ERF-built Western Star with LHD and on Dutch plates! Robert

Spectacular found! The owner is VAN AMERONGEN from Barneveld (centre of Holland) a long established transportcompany
and quite loyal to DAF (because of good relations with EBAG from Ede) and later merged with Kamphuis who were very loyal
(to be compared with camerman from antwerp) with Büssing.

To my opinion it was an import via VAN VLIET TRUCKS but I will verify that

Some pictures from Jaime Dias of Portugal

Perhaps posted twice now…this Spanish ERF version EC15

Jaime Dias in Portugal must have had a lot of these ERFs: there seem to be many on this thread. Nice new ones, by the way - thanks to A-J. Robert :slight_smile:

Quite spectacular this EC15 with Caterpillar…I assume also rare for Spain?

ERF had a importer (appointed in 1993 at the same time France was added to the list again after ERF
decided to leave presence on the continent in the begin of the eighties) in Talavera de la Reina which
is located South-West of Madrid and close to Toledo. I noticed somewhere (but where?) that out of this
location some dealers were appointed, even for Portugal…?

I think quite some ERF’s were doing a hard an long job in this Southern region

Some ERF’s in Spain

I now found aother location:

ERF España S.A.
Avenue Canada, 52
28820 Coslada
+34 916 741 162

Coslada is located East from Madrid

ERF-Spain-4.jpg

ERF-Spain-3.jpg

ERF-Spain-2.jpg

Some pictures of Jaime Dias from Portugal (EC127, Detroit) and one for sale in Holland.

Eaton synchro box.jpg

ERF-EC-127-JaimeDias-Portugal-2.jpg

I used to know Coslada, Madrid well. It’s a huge industrial zone just off the A1; so it doesn’t surprise me that ERF had premises there! Robert

Robert1952

You have posted a superb pic. of an ERF built Western Star.
Is this the same model sold in the U.S. by Western Star ? Did ERF build the U.S. versions and then exported them to the U.S. and Canada. I have somewhere in my archives ( the loft ) a Western Star brochure of the EC, LHD of course,and called I believe “Aurora”.I must see if can find it and maybe scan all or even part of it onto this site.
Going back to your pic, that version must be the ultimate ERF,what,s not to like about it? I would have loved a day with that truck. Is there any cab interior pics of that version and driving experiences available?

Cheers Bassman

Bassman:
Robert1952

You have posted a superb pic. of an ERF built Western Star.
Is this the same model sold in the U.S. by Western Star ? Did ERF build the U.S. versions and then exported them to the U.S. and Canada. I have somewhere in my archives ( the loft ) a Western Star brochure of the EC, LHD of course,and called I believe “Aurora”.I must see if can find it and maybe scan all or even part of it onto this site.
Going back to your pic, that version must be the ultimate ERF,what,s not to like about it? I would have loved a day with that truck. Is there any cab interior pics of that version and driving experiences available?

Cheers Bassman

I know nothing about that particular vehicle, Bassman. As far as I know they were built in UK and shipped out. They were called Western Star Commanders. They may all have had Detroits, but perhaps someone can shed more light on this.

I agree that these would have made a good lorry, as they would have had a Fuller 'box, (unlike all the synchro-box LHD ECs on this thread! God only knows why they were all synchro when the UK ones had Eaton Twin-splitters as standard - until they were outlawed, but that was just before ECs stopped anyway).

A lot of RHD ones were made for Oz. Here’s another pic of the NL one, complete with LHD. Robert

Robert1952
Thanks for the reply, maybe your comments and mine may jog someones memory and more will come out.
There has to be more to that version than just a different grill, time will tell if we find out.

Cheers Bassman

Well, this Dutch Western Star Commander had a ■■■■■■■ and the grille is not that different when
you forget about the blue decals/stripes…not to be negative but I expect some of these chassis
were dumped on the continent…the Dutch trailer (Van Amerongen) was transported by a subby.
Unfortunately the name is not clear to read…

ERF-Continental:
Well, this Dutch Western Star Commander had a ■■■■■■■ and the grille is not that different when
you forget about the blue decals/stripes…not to be negative but I expect some of these chassis
were dumped on the continent…the Dutch trailer (Van Amerongen) was transported by a subby.
Unfortunately the name is not clear to read…

Glad to hear that ■■■■■■■ was offered - this truck get better! Quite a lot of the RHD version sent to Oz seem to have been ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ too. I’ve been reading more about them. Apparently, they had 18-speed Fullers. All Western Stars were then manufactured in Kelowna, apart from the the Commander which was based on the ERF EC and made in UK. robert