Left-Hand Drive E-series ERFs

As an option the Barreiros/Dodge were offered with a ■■■■■■■ NTE350, so not the NTC335, and
yes they had the RTO 9509A. Herewith a garbage-truck…

ERF-Continental:
As an option the Barreiros/Dodge were offered with a ■■■■■■■ NTE350, so not the NTC335, and
yes they had the RTO 9509A. Herewith a garbage-truck…

A-J, have a look on the Old Truck Accident thread - most recent post - is that one of the Belgian makes? Robert

@Robert…I PM-ed you but also for the participators over here interesting…
that is a Kromhout from Amsterdam, so another Dutch company involved in
automotive-production. Previous and from origin a shipbuilder and builder of
engines for marine-applications. Later on also production of lorries and busses
till about begin of the '60…busproduction was taken over by Verheul.

‘Hodgy67’ posted these pictures on a new thread ‘ERF LHD E14 for sale Huelva Spain’. 4000.00 Euros, apparently. He gives a link. That looks like an Eaton Twin-splitter gearstick. Cheers, Hodgy67. :smiley: Robert

1.jpg
2.jpg
show_image_in_imgtag.jpg

image.jpg

I know this is off-thread, but is this what you were looking for A-J? It’s a LHD Turkish-cabbed ERF operating in Spain, and it might be a municipal vehicle :laughing: ! Robert

4184700742_38ff8cda15.jpg

On the ‘Kent transport’ thread, Glen Anderson makes this delightful comment about one of EH Nicholls’s old E14 left-hookers:

‘‘Funnily enough, even though I’ve driven all manner of wagons, one of my all time favourites was the one Nicholls gave me, a left-■■■■■■ E14 410, with an Eaton twin-split. Pretty tight in the cab, and not the nicest of environments to have to live in, but by god could that thing work. I hammered that the length and breadth of the country and I’ve not driven a wagon I’ve bonded with better before or since. :smiley:’’

Just thought that was worth sharing here! Robert :smiley:

On the Euro-Drivers’ forum there’s a thread called ‘Remember the Ferries’. It features a piece of film in two parts taken in Calais, probably in the late '90s. Here’s the link to the second part, which starts with a Spanish LHD ERF E14 - just made for this thread!! youtube.com/watch?v=bow0CP6MgHM
Thanks to Dan Punchard for flagging this up for me. Robert :smiley:

Dan Punchard:
There was a yellow 4 by 2 E14 380 left ■■■■■■ doing continental work which could have been based in the Leeds area ,it was a very late model with Ec axles and large/ high fuel tanks ,it could of had red stripes on the cab

Robert I can’t believe a photo of this lorry hasn’t come to light yet !

Dan Punchard:

Dan Punchard:
There was a yellow 4 by 2 E14 380 left ■■■■■■ doing continental work which could have been based in the Leeds area ,it was a very late model with Ec axles and large/ high fuel tanks ,it could of had red stripes on the cab

Robert I can’t believe a photo of this lorry hasn’t come to light yet !

It’s possible that no one ever took a picture of it: some working lorries just don’t ever become famous! I’ve posted all my pics on here so I haven’t got one. Let’s hope that this little conversation prompts someone out there. Robert

Now then, here’s an oddity! It is a LHD E-series 6x4 drawber outfit with a ■■■■■■■ 335 and Eaton Twin-splitter; for sale in UK! Robert :open_mouth:

■■■■■■■ 335 Eaton Twin splitter 6x4.jpg

The ERF E14:465 was a bit of barn-stormer I think, but I’ve often wondered where they all went. The LHD picture in this piece from a magazine suggests that they may have gone overseas - Spain probably. They had Eaton Twin-splitters, it is reassuring to know! Robert :smiley:

I wonder why this had LHD… :question: .Robert

Photo0909.jpg

Now then, on a personal note: I would have loved to have driven a LHD E-series ERF with a big ■■■■■■■■ and a 9-speed Fuller 'box! Ah-ha! But I can find no evidence that one ever existed (LHD E-series ERFs had Eaton-Twin-splitters to go with their ■■■■■■■ lumps - absolutely superb, but not what I’m looking for here). This begs a further question: could a 9-speed Fuller be spooned into a LHD E-series? We already know for fact that it was fitted into RHD models as an option. Does anyone know the answer? Did such an example ever exist? Robert

Here are some pics to excite Dan Punchard! It appears that the odd LHD E-series is still turning up for sale in Spain. Here are a couple of recent examples. They are both E14:410 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ units and the first one is fitted with a Jake-brake. I like the gold mirrors on the 2nd one! Robert :smiley:

E14 410 Jake.jpg.bmp.jpg
Same E14 410 Jake.jpg.bmp.jpg
same Spanish E14 410.jpg.bmp.jpg
same Spanish E14 410.jpg.bmp.jpg
Spanish E14 410.jpg.bmp.jpg

Here’s one that ‘st46’ has posted on The Graveyard thread. He thinks it might be Alicante registered. Robert

SAM_4106.JPG

There was some searching on the LHD ERF ECs thread about distribution / dealerships in Spain and Portugal. If you turn to page 1 of this thread there is a cutting I posted from a Spanish truck magazine suggesting that there were (or would be) in Bilbao, Lerida and Vigo, Logrono, Barcelona, Leon, Albacete and also Portugal. Coslada in Madrid isn’t mentioned, though that probably came later. Robert

In the book from John Anthony (Dai) Davies, Coslada is mentioned as the FIRST■■? importer on the continent
in the seventies, strange as to my humble opinion CDB was the first importer, followed by Best Truck Import
and MABO.

ERF-Continental:
In the book from John Anthony (Dai) Davies, Coslada is mentioned as the FIRST■■? importer on the continent
in the seventies, strange as to my humble opinion CDB was the first importer, followed by Best Truck Import
and MABO.

Well, Greece may have been one of the first: if you look at pages 140/1 in Dai Davies’s book, you’ll see that ERF had a distributor in Athens called Gemco Ltd. It says, ‘A number of left hand drive tractor units were exported in fully assembled form to that territory…’ It the goes on to say that this was short lived. But we know that at least four B-series went to Greece. There are four photos on the page showing a Dai’s visit to attend to ERF fire-engines in Athens in 1967! Robert

Here is a rather good picture of a Spanish E14:380 left-■■■■■■, now in my photo collection. Robert