Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

Herewith the front-page of ERF-B-series for South Africa with Atlantis-engine

Also front of well kept driver’s handbook

Apologies…to keen to add/input…however I gave RHD’s, what’s the fine? :slight_smile:

Meanwhile copyrights showed to remain valid, sorry no pic

ERF-Continental:
@Robert…I know you like the red/yellow-livery of Van Steenbergen, however the picture herewith
is a black/white…taken during the promotional ERF-tour (then also the 8 ERF’s parked in front of
the garage/yard were posed) somewhere along the E34. On this picture 3 generations: the 4th, the
5th and meanwhile one of the current managers of the 6th generation. First records show transport-
activities started in 1865, all kinds of carts, carriages and waggons without and with horses for both
passengers and goods. First motorvehicle (a British Daimler with chain-drive) came in 1919!

Nice evening!
A-J

Nice pic with lots of character. It must have been a pERFect day: even the passenger window is down! Many thanks ERF-Continental. Robert :slight_smile:

ERF-B-VST-A.jpg
ERF-B-VST-B.jpg

@Robert: glad you like and appreciate the old surroundings, behind every picture there is a story as you know

By the way…I started to make an excel-file, on NGC- and B-series, to be shared later as information is now
so frequently given and shared so it will be nice to reflect later. Great harvest!!!

By the way…is there a strong demand for ERF-literature? Genuine and of 1950-1980? Brochures, manuals etc

Question…did Lowe of Paddock Wood never had LHD B- and before NGC-tractors?

There are some nice pictures of B-series of them, and I frequently spotted these nice truck when
they routed Germany, Holland, Belgium so often! Nice livery, also with the twin-steer A-series!

ERF-Continental:
@Robert: glad you like and appreciate the old surroundings, behind every picture there is a story as you know

By the way…I started to make an excel-file, on NGC- and B-series, to be shared later as information is now
so frequently given and shared so it will be nice to reflect later. Great harvest!!!

By the way…is there a strong demand for ERF-literature? Genuine and of 1950-1980? Brochures, manuals etc

You could try advertising in REVS magazine: plenty of stuff in there. Also, if you google ebay ERF memorabilia or ERF collectibles, brochures and manuals etc frequently come up. I’m still looking for an English language driver’s handbook for the NGC 420 (mine is in French). Robert

ERF-Continental:
Question…did Lowe of Paddock Wood never had LHD B- and before NGC-tractors?

There are some nice pictures of B-series of them, and I frequently spotted these nice truck when
they routed Germany, Holland, Belgium so often! Nice livery, also with the twin-steer A-series!

Lowe’s early Europe-bound units were Atkinson Borderers. I don’t think they had LHD trucks, but someone out there might prove me wrong! Robert

These two appear to be the same unit. Certainly, the first one (with the box) was identified by a blogger who has contacted me to say that he thinks he recognizes this as DVT 979T, the LHD B-series ERF Albert Dale replaced his 7MW-cabbed NGC 420 ‘European’ with. He believes it to have had a ■■■■■■■ 320 lump. If this is the one, then Andrew Thompson set up on his own with it in the Stoke-on-Trent area. Robert
LHD b series fairground 2.jpg
92723f331f31697c0b3bb9d72a95a195.jpg

Till now about 6 ERF B-series are counted in France, 4 in Belgium, 9 in Holland and 3 in Switzerland.

Bear in mind, we are talking about LHD-versions!

Nice day, A-J

The ERF -Gardner dealer Paynter-Stadium had a B series left ■■■■■■ 6x4 breakdown truck from new with a nice
■■■■■■■ in it, i think it ended up at a recovery garage inbetween ripon and harrogate when P&S closed down.

Thank you for adding this one, and for sure a multi-axle LHD!

To keep the ERF’s alive on this thread/page :slight_smile:

Apparently some copyrights were claimed, thus no pic

For some further thorough research: does an ERF-dealernetwork-list for France exist?

Here’s a cracker that Harry very kindly posted on the ERF European thread. I think this one was displayed at Earls Court and had a 350 in it: I posted another pic of it on page 1. Not sure what its trailer is doing! Robert

erffhhh.jpg

Current statistics after Harry’s input from Portugal:

Close to 60 ERF’s B-serie LHD, of which 20 from Middle East, 13 from Great-Britain,
14 from BeNeLux, 6 from France, 4 from Switzerland, 1 from Greece/Cyprus and
an expectation from 5-10 to be discovered so join us to search!!!

A-J

Here is DVT 979T again, this time in Andrew Thompson’s colours - thanks to a tip-off from the thread! Robert :slight_smile:

DVT 979T LHD ERF B-series.jpg

I found this rather splendid picture on the ‘Astran / Middle East drivers’ thread here on TN. Robert

When Nick Bull ran this on Middle-East work later in its life, it had a 13-speed Fuller. However, I wonder if the 3 Millfield Horbury LHD ERFs were supplied new with 13-speed Fullers, or with the standard 9-speed Fullers normally fitted. Anyone know? Robert :slight_smile:

Heres a couple Robert,Cheers Bubbs, :wink: