Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

ERF-Continental:
Thank you Dan and (for Robert) this was the advertisement John (Saviem) told us about.

You’re right it’s the same. However, it tells us nothing new, alas! Ro

ERF-NGC-European:

Punchy Dan:

From Truck jan 79 i’ll take the bottom one Robert ,cheers Dan :smiley:

:sunglasses: Good find Dan! I’ll pop it on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: We do know about this advert though we’ve not actually seen it before. We’d like to know about the truck too but that’s another story! Ro

The magazine it’s from I’ve posted on the mighty F7 thread ,if there is such a thing :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :blush: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

ERF-NGC-European:

Punchy Dan:

From Truck jan 79 i’ll take the bottom one Robert ,cheers Dan :smiley:

:sunglasses: Good find Dan! I’ll pop it on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: We do know about this advert though we’ve not actually seen it before. We’d like to know about the truck too but that’s another story! Ro

The magazine it’s from I’ve posted on the mighty F7 thread ,if there is such a thing :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: :blush: :wink:

Thanks Dan. Actually, that reference is incredibly helpful, as does tell us something new: the dealer’s name and the publication in which the advert appeared ! :wink: Cheers mate. Ro

Robert I was tidying up the garage and decided to hide from mrs on the parts loft when I picked up the said truck mag I didn’t realise the significance of it ,I’ve since been back through some others from that period and it looks like they may have only advertised the one time cheers Dan .

Posted today in the ERF Clearing House thread by Kmills.

The one above looks like the 6x4 show tractor further up the page. It’s on GB plates, so maybe it failed to sell on the Continent, was repatriated and cut down to a 4x2?

[zb]
anorak:
The one above looks like the 6x4 show tractor further up the page. It’s on GB plates, so maybe it failed to sell on the Continent, was repatriated and cut down to a 4x2?

Well-spotted! Could well be. I believe that livery is that of a Rotterdam freight-forwarder. Here’s an earlier shot I posted of it on what appears to be the M/E run. Plus a couple of pics of what looks like the unit behind the full-cabbed one at the exhibition. Ro

0 43A.jpg

I’m suggesting it might be the full-cabbed one, with an axle chopped off. The script on the bumper looks the same.

It looked better as a 6x4.

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Well-spotted! Could well be. I believe that livery is that of a Rotterdam freight-forwarder. Here’s an earlier shot I posted of it on what appears to be the M/E run. Plus a couple of pics of what looks like the unit behind the full-cabbed one at the exhibition. Ro

@Robert…Archbold is from Leeds (now Heywood) and celebrated 100 years last years.
See for more history: www.archbold.co.uk/corporate-history

They had a joint-venture with Mory in Paris so probably a transportjob for them in Southern-Europe?

[zb]
anorak:
I’m suggesting it might be the full-cabbed one, with an axle chopped off. The script on the bumper looks the same.

Yes, I ‘got’ that :sunglasses: !

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

@Robert…Archbold is from Leeds (now Heywood) and celebrated 100 years last years.
See for more history: archbold.co.uk/corporate-history

They had a joint-venture with Mory in Paris so probably a transportjob for them in Southern-Europe?

Perhaps not M/E then (unless the trailer is 2nd-hand and carrying old signage!). Ro

Look like it was taken at a 1980 show.

NMP

Nice picture Dean and it brings good memories above.

It’s 1981 Brussels Show…even numbers Amsterdam, odd numbers Brussels

Aye, good pic that! Ro

It’s been quiet on the Belgian contributors but finally Mario Maes found the time to forward me the 4x2 B-series
of Gruwez. We actually have some discussion on the 6x4 B-series but one day that will pop up as well.

ERF-Continental:
It’s been quiet on the Belgian contributors but finally Mario Maes found the time to forward me the 4x2 B-series
of Gruwez. We actually have some discussion on the 6x4 B-series but one day that will pop up as well.

:sunglasses: That’s a great picture A-J! Gruwez certainly liked his unusual tractive units. A nice addition to the thread. Ro

As a matter of fact CDB had some ‘easy’ customers to sell (initially demonstrators), as was the case with the
first ERF NGC (ex-Brussels-show) AFU.615 for Van Steenbergen, as well as both Gruwez and Demeulemeester,
whereas (also in the assortiment of CDB) White-chassis with Road Commander 1 & 2 for both Van Steenbergen
and Demeulemeester and Road Commander 2 and Road Xpeditor for Gruwez. Further Autocar-chassis (type 1
and 2) for Gruwez…the difference shows in the radiator and components.

In Holland Vermeulen was ‘flexible’ with NGC- and B-series as well as Van der Heijden…both with DAF and ERF.

These were sent to me today and have apparently been on fb. They’re working in the Middle East. They appear to be B-series but I know some C-series went out there with various B-series parts that needed using up! Ro

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200607-195700_kindlephoto-2157243.png
thumbnail_Screenshot_20200607-195730_kindlephoto-2186242.png

Not a left but can’t be many Chinese 6’s about ?