Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

Piccy found at Gaydon this weekend courtesy of PM Photography. Robert

A nice 6x4 day-cabbed example with Taseco, Saudi from the ‘ERF clearing house’ thread this morning. Robert

EC344F86-D48B-4719-ADB9-BDE768B8BC80.jpeg.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Now wearing Trans Arabia livery!

pete smith:

ERF-NGC-European:

Yes indeed! Thanks to the care and attention of Jona. I think there are some pictures of this on the Trans Arabia thread. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

pete smith:

ERF-NGC-European:

Yes indeed! Thanks to the care and attention of Jona. I think there are some pictures of this on the Trans Arabia thread. Robert

It’s would be better if it were an original T/A vehicle and even better if were a 7MW to do that would be real challenge - let alone getting in the country to find them.

Where’s Ron these days?

Ken b

Kenb:

ERF-NGC-European:

pete smith:

ERF-NGC-European:

It’s would be better if it were an original T/A vehicle and even better if were a 7MW to do that would be real challenge - let alone getting in the country to find them.

Where’s Ron these days?

Ken b

I wonder if there are any of them buried in a sand dune out there?
Ken, There is a gathering at the Hollies on June 7th, should be 4 x Sammy Jones’s motors there, Cheer’s Pete

I noticed this on ebay this morning. It appears to be Jona’s preservation masterpiece. Was it taken at Hollies? Robert

As DEANB pointed out on another thread, it appears that the French outfit, TRGX, had two LHD B-series ERFs. Robert

TRGX France LHD 2 Bseries.jpg
erf%20trgx%202.PNG

Beech’s Garage advert 1977.

DEANB:
Beech’s Garage advert 1977.

Wow, not seen that before: thanks Dean. :sunglasses: Robert

A whole clutch of new LHD B-series pics here!

First one is Greek.

Second one is is on show in Brussels or Amsterdam.

Third one is English (other pics if it are on here with info).

Fourth one is Dutch and we’ve plenty about it on here, but this is a super-clear picture.

And the fifth one is Belgian, one of a pair that went to Van Steenbergen in Arendonk.

Good harvest!

Attached picture is from Amsterdam-Show as per stand Best Truck.

The left 6x4 with sleeper possibly went to Gruwez but I am still
awaitening some confirmation from both Rik Gruwez and Mario Maes

sded-l1600.jpg

Heavy haulage with a french 6x4 ERF :

ERF-Continental:
Good harvest!

Attached picture is from Amsterdam-Show as per stand Best Truck.

The left 6x4 with sleeper possibly went to Gruwez but I am still
awaitening some confirmation from both Rik Gruwez and Mario Maes

Thanks for background info A-J! I don’t know how many European B-series we have now but the number is far higher than I at first thought. R

michel:
Heavy haulage with a french 6x4 ERF :

Nice to be reminded of this one again :wink: .R

A new one of the Van Rumpt machine:

And two other more familiar faces:

ERF-NGC-European:
A new one of the Van Rumpt machine:

And two other more familiar faces:

Nice pics, cant remember might have popped this one on before ?

NMP

What a smart-looking vehicle. 334 DIN PK- I make that an NTC350, given the early front panel. What year was the show? IIRC the NTE 350 was available from mid 1978.

[zb]
anorak:
What a smart-looking vehicle. 334 DIN PK- I make that an NTC350, given the early front panel. What year was the show? IIRC the NTE 350 was available from mid 1978.

Great isn’t it! And yes, the standard LHD export 6x4 B-series had a 350 plus 9sp Fuller. I wouldn’t be too preoccupied by the little contextual cues and indicators we normally use to ‘date’ these vehicles, as earlier parts bins were raided to use up stocks, especially on overseas models. This certainly applied to stuff that went out to the Gulf. Whether or not the likes of CDB (Belgium), Best Imports (Holland) or MABO (France) would have put up with that though, is arguable! R