Learner with questions!

all i can say is i got the taillift in the box, he asked me if i was happy and i said yes, then he told me the taillift had to be in the black hatched part of the box and it would go down as a serious fault. when the test was over i told the instructor i did not know this and he said you should have been told. id had 3 different instructors over the training and two tests id done.

but i still failed because of being too close to the transporter. so bollox.

im kind of at an all time low now, no money for a retest and only ■■■■■ jobs to apply for, i must have applied for at least 70+ in the last 6 weeks and not a single reply.

the jobcentre also told me of a cpc course i can do which is free! if id have passed the test, so thats gone too now.

how many times can you get hoofed in the nuts before you give up! :imp:

Plenty on here know exactly how you feel. Hang in there. My first test - one of my two majors was when a truck had appallingly parked by a junction in such a way that I couldn’t see the junction, and just knew I was turning right.
Pulled out to pass him and instantly knew that I wouldn’t get back in in time to miss the kerb the traffic light was sitting on.
Other one was my own silly fault, tried to beat the lights to avoid a hill start. Got 9 minors first time.

You are obviously test standard, 8 minors is a fairly average score for those who pass. You will get the reversing right next time, and you will never go too close to a parked vehicle again after the last experience. Plus you know what to expect now which helps you prepare mentally for it. I’d stick with same driving school so you get same test routes, and same vehicle and you will probably sail it next time.

Best of luck in the meantime
Tim

Holy thread revival batman!

Went in for it again last friday.

Had a refersher lesson the day before and passed with 6 minors! Yahooooooooo!!!

Sent paperwork off for the tacho and now i need to know what i need to do for the cpc. I had one of my instructors tell me i only needed to do a days training but ive been told by other drivers i need to do 35 hours?

Im in the dark really at the mo, just relieved that ive passed the ■■■■■■■■

Im driving a sprinter on multidrop in manchester at the mo but my mother in law works for bidvest in royton. Im not scared of hard work tbh and its 5 mins from my house.

So i need a bit of info on cpc and has anyone worked for bidvest? Cheers!

Congratulations on the pass, you need to do the initial driver CPC modules 2 and 4.

Man Gratz. U not the only one with a story to tell.

I failed my first C+E Puled over on the left. Examiner told me my trailer was still on zigzag line after pedestrian crossing. YaY failed on the spot. He said 3 points and 100£ fine was in line :unamused:

Rebooked test 4 weeks wait. Fak… took my instructors advise and booked 4 extra hours refresher day before. 600£ overall.

Refreshed went well, some minors, one serious. ■■■■ roundabouts. Slowed a car. Instant fail.

On the test day lady luck was on my side. Passed. I share your disappointment’s and joy.

Yes mate deffo an element of luck involved with me on the day. Just pleased its done now tho

Congrats mate!

antogoof:
Holy thread revival batman!

Went in for it again last friday.

Had a refersher lesson the day before and passed with 6 minors! Yahooooooooo!!!

Sent paperwork off for the tacho and now i need to know what i need to do for the cpc. I had one of my instructors tell me i only needed to do a days training but ive been told by other drivers i need to do 35 hours?

Im in the dark really at the mo, just relieved that ive passed the [zb]!

Im driving a sprinter on multidrop in manchester at the mo but my mother in law works for bidvest in royton. Im not scared of hard work tbh and its 5 mins from my house.

So i need a bit of info on cpc and has anyone worked for bidvest? Cheers!

You will need to do module 2 & 4. For the module to theory4all is a big help and cost £18 for 60 days use. And for the module 4 you will have a few hours training in the morning then test later on in the day at a test centre and once you pass that,that will last for 5 years

Thanks mate, id heard the theory is pretty straight forward and im going to get it booked as soon as i can. Thanks for all the advice.