Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Hi. Current cost of CAT C and test is £1400. Then take off your Trucknet discount and it’s £1260. This is fully inclusive of:

1:1 training - with a fully trained, qualified and registered instructor (not a legal requirement)
Training on a modern vehicle (average age of our CAT C fleet is under 3 years)
Full admin back up from our customer support team
Private driving test centre on site - no time wasted travelling back and forth to test centre
All instructors NVDIR registered
School is NVDIR approved
Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW
Courses available in September

Ask for reviews on here or check Google.

Remember, cheapest is rarely best. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Fire away with any questions, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

COURSE CANCELLATION FOR CAT C OR D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=165988

Peter Smythe:
This is so unlikely at the moment. But we have a cancellation course (Covid suspect) starting 19th August with test at our private test centre on 25th. CAT C or D only.

Accommodation available free of charge if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.

CAT C (allowing for discount) £1260 fully inclusive.

Call the office 01623 555661.

This wont hang about so shout up if you want it!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Gone! We dont often get a cancellation, but when they come they go just as quick.

Maybe better luck next time!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=166188

Peter Smythe:
Pleased to let folks know that my fantastic team have got the waiting time for courses back to around normal at 4 weeks. This follows the devastation of lock down and the huge backlog of people awaiting patiently for training and test. The team have worked incredibly hard to get everybody in and I’m proud of their achievements.

So, as we stand today, we have courses and tests available late September with plenty of space in October.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with us during a very difficult and trying time.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=166281

Peter Smythe:
I continually review customer requests and try to act on them where I can. As a result of that, we’re now offering a choice of two CAT C courses. For many years, we’ve offered a 14 hour, 1:1 course with test at our private driving test centre. On the whole, it’s very successful. But some folks have expressed concern that they would feel more comfortable with more training. So, with immediate effect, we’re offering the same course with an addition 6 hours. This (as the mathematicians will have worked out) is 20 hours + test. This is in excess of the industry standard, will offer more comfort and give the candidate more choice.

Clearly this costs more. But at £270 more for the extra 6 hours, it’s remarkable value for money.

So, for clarity:

CAT C Course - 14 hours £1260
CAT C Course - 20 hours £1530

All our prices are fully inclusive of VAT, test fee, vehicle hire, fuel, insurance, 1:1 training with fully trained, qualified and registered instructor and courses culminate with a pre-booked test at our private driving test centre (the first in the UK).

As always, free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.

Out of interest, the choice is also available for bus training.

Always here to help, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Too much doom and gloom LOL! Whilst the driver training section of our company is forced to close during lockdown, we can still offer some services. Not only can we offer them, but at greatly discounted rates!

Driver cpc periodic training: Starts Monday 9th Nov till Friday 13th Nov. Normal rate £80.75 per day. Special rate (1st come, 1st served) £38.75 per day fully inclusive.

Driver cpc initial Mod 4 training and test. Monday 16th Nov. Training am, test pm. £199 fully inclusive. (The test WILL take place as we have our own examiners on staff).

Starter Packs. (Comprises Medical, online theory training, classroom theory training, all theory tests booked and paid for at your local centre) £175 fully inclusive.

And look out for the Christmas Prize Draw to be announced shortly.

Our office is being manned with skeleton staff during lockdown. If you dont get an answer immediately, please keep trying. Office open Mon/Fri 0900 - 1700.

Offers may be withdrawn at any time without notice.

Take care all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Any offers in the pipeline Pete/Paul?

Done my Class 2 with you guys back in October and looking into Class 1 in the near future.

I’m out of that particular loop. Suggest you give Paul a ring 01623 555661 and keep your fingers crossed!

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Any details on adr courses?

I’m sure there will be some scheduled. Give the office a call 01623 555661. Remember to tell them you’re a Trucknet user to get the discount.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

How much is the current c+e course?
I know it was 1400 last year, has that changed?

Whilst I am no longer “in the loop”, I believe the course length has been increased by nearly 50% and the fee is now £1725 minus the 10% Trucknet discount.

The free accommodation if travelling more than 70 miles still stands together with the many other benefits of training with PSTT.

All the best, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

The new 3a test is available NOW at the Sutton in Ashfield site of Peter Smythe Transport Training. Simply call 01623 555661.

Test Fee £40
Vehicle for test (if required) £30
Practice with PSTT vehicle £30 30 minutes
Practice with any other vehicle - not available.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Is there a long waiting list for C+E training?

I spoke to PSTT on Friday and they told me the earliest for B to C+E would be the end of June.

Thanks for that. I’m doing my C next week and I had kind of hoped to do C+E quite soon after but training school said earliest is late September :open_mouth: So, I was wondering how typical that sort of wait is.

You will find that waiting times fluctuate like the wind. As trainers become consistently busy - to the point where the waiting time becomes unacceptable - many trainers will increase their capacity. This will suddenly bring the waiting time forward, in some cases, by months. The prime difficulty is that, whilst many trainers are able and happy to increase their fleet, the better trainers will struggle to recruit skilled instructors and neither is there the time to train instructors at present. And even having overcome that hurdle, without DVSA supplying increased test numbers, it’s frustrated at that point as well.

So it’s not easy to deal with sudden increases in demand as the industry is witnessing at the moment. Unless you’re not too fussy about who is instructing and whether or not there’s actually going to be a test at the end of the course.

My advice is to book with a reputable trainer - no matter how far ahead. Then call weekly to see if there’s any way of bring the course forward. You might just drop in on a day when capacity has been successfully increased.

Take care, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Paul@PSTT:
CAT C £1400
CAT CE £1700
MOD 4 £300
ADR £600

TOTAL £4000

Then deduct your Trucknet discount and the total is £3600.

But we dont ask for this in one hit. I would always suggest you pay for each part as you go. So your first cost is £1400 - £140 = £1260 for CAT C.

if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW you’ll get free accommodation for the duration of your training.

Hi Paul,

Are the prices quoted above current? If not, could you list the current prices please and if there’s any change to the free accommodation offer if travelling more than 70 miles away.

I had a look at the website but couldn’t find any prices stated.

Thanks - A previous trainee of PSTT

Hi Paul,

Are the prices quoted above current? If not, could you list the current prices please and if there’s any change to the free accommodation offer if travelling more than 70 miles away.

I had a look at the website but couldn’t find any prices stated.

Thanks - A previous trainee of PSTT

Sorry, due to an increase’s in costs beyond our control, the prices have gone up since that post. If you pm me your email address I can email you some information and a current price list.
Thanks, Paul.