Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

FREE ADR! Yes, when you book and pay for your C or CE course with us, you now have the choice of the 10% discount that has always been on offer OR an ADR course with exams (incl tanks) at no charge.

This cant last for ever and will be withdrawn at some point.

In the meantime, fill ya boots!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Since there is going to be some changes to CPC, will ADR still count towards 28 hours?

Any changes are still under consultation so itā€™s too early to say. But, for the time being, thereā€™s 28hrs to be had.

Peter Smythe:
FREE ADR! Yes, when you book and pay for your C or CE course with us, you now have the choice of the 10% discount that has always been on offer OR an ADR course with exams (incl tanks) at no charge.

This cant last for ever and will be withdrawn at some point.

In the meantime, fill ya boots!!

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi Peter
That sounds a brilliant idea. How much is the class 2 (C) traing we did message before about training etc.
Could you secure it on a deposit bases?
Thank you
Pete

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
This is an experiment. I want to know how many folks get round to reading this section. So Iā€™m putting an offer on just for 48 hours. So this offer will expire at 2130 on Friday 27th January. The offer is this:

CAT C Ā£1400 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)
CAT CE Ā£1450 including free driver cpc (Mods 2 and 4 or 35 hours as required)

Then, take 10% Trucknet discount making it Ā£1260 for CAT C and Ā£1305 for CE.

Completely FREE accommodation for the duration of the practical driving course if you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW.

Someone taking both C and CE will save IRO Ā£900 on course and cpc fees AND end up with 10 years of driver cpc.

To take advantage of this offer, simply send me a pm with your name and telephone number BEFORE the cut off time above. Youā€™ll get a call to answer any questions and, if youā€™re happy, you have the option to take up the offer. If you do, youā€™ll be asked for just Ā£150 deposit. You have till the end of 2017 to take your course at times convenient to you. Do not call the office for this offer; it must go past me personally.

Any queries or questions, post on here or pm me.

We donā€™t do smoke, mirrors or anything underhand. (If we did it would be all over Trucknet and Facebook in a heartbeat!).

As I said, this is purely a way of seeing how effective this section of Trucknet is. Fill ya boots!

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

OFFER NOW CLOSED

Really sorry I missed this offerā€¦fantastic price and deal

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

The ADR offer has now ended.

But all is not lost! Book your C or CE with us and weā€™ll stand a retest if youā€™re unlucky first time around. That includes test fee, use of vehicle and VAT. (Normal value Ā£300). You will still get your normal 10% Trucknet user discount.

Offers donā€™t run for long - so if you want it, book it. Ā£150 secures the course (Ā£300 secures C and CE). You can take the course anytime you like during 2017 and pay the balance a couple of weeks before you start.

Simply call the office 01623 555661 during office hours to get it sorted. The offer will be withdrawn at any time.

Anyone wanting ADR - - book sharpish for Ā£300 ALL IN! (Offer will be withdrawn at any time). Call the office and make your reservation.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The 7.5 hour days. How do people find them, is there an hour break inbetween for lunch?

With the training across four days, is the test on the fifth day with a warmup beforehand?

Peter Smythe:
But all is not lost! Book your C or CE with us and weā€™ll stand a retest if youā€™re unlucky first time around. That includes test fee, use of vehicle and VAT. (Normal value Ā£300)

This part alone makes it worthwhile!

Be nice just to have this to take some pressure off!

I took up last years offer and itā€™s been great doing my CE training- test tomorrow [emoji15]

Can recommend PSTT for anyone considering training so take up the offer now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 7.5 hour days. How do people find them, is there an hour break inbetween for lunch?

With the training across four days, is the test on the fifth day with a warmup beforehand?

We donā€™t do 7.5hr days. The longest day is 7 hrs 1:1 with a couple of tea breaks. We do this regularly over weekends with 7 hrs Sat, 7hrs Sun and test Monday. Pass rate every bit as high as any other course. But it wouldnā€™t suit everybody.

Our ā€œnormalā€ course is 4 sessions of 3.5hrs with test on day 5. No warm up. No need. Proven to be an excellent method and given us one of the highest pass rates in the UK. So the figures speak for themselves.

Our residential course starts on a Monday, continues Tues, Wed and Thurs and is scheduled so that the test is at the end of day 4. This minimises time away from home rather than spread it onto the 5th day. It will often work that there is an hour or two prior to test.

The reasons that our courses are shorter than is often offered and yet more successful are the fact that the training is carried out by highly trained, fully qualified and registered instructors using virtually new vehicles (theyā€™re not new if they are 2 days old) that are specially built for the job. The training is followed by test at our private test centre so absolutely zero time is spent travelling backwards and forwards to test routes. They start at our gate. The reversing is practiced on precisely the same bit of concrete that will be used for test. With so much stacked in favour of the candidate, we can well afford to reduce the training time. We didnā€™t originally, but the course was becoming stretched just to fill the time. Weā€™re dealing with grown adults here who simply want to get on with learning and achieve the outcome. And weā€™ve found the formula. Been running this way for the last 9 years and not about to change for the sake of it.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I took up last years offer and itā€™s been great doing my CE training- test tomorrow

Can recommend PSTT for anyone considering training so take up the offer now !

Thanks for your kind comments. Hope all goes well today.

Glad to hear it has!

OPEN DAY

OUR NEXT OPEN DAY IS APRIL 1ST 0930 - 1500

YOUā€™D BE A FOOL TO MISS IT

OFFERS ON THE DAY

TRY YOUR HAND REVERSING AN ARTIC

MEET THE TEAM

BRIERLEY PARK CLOSE, STANTON HILL, SUTTON IN ASHFIELD, NOTTS NG17 3FW (junc 28 M1 10 minutes)

just out of curiosity where is the accommodation? as thinking of booking my C+E through you when i saved up some pennies
thanks
Jeff

The accommodation is normally booked at Central Hotel, Sutton in Ashfield centralprivatehotel.co.uk/

Not fancy, but very well received.

looks good to me, will be in contact in a few weeks when holiday and money sorted
thanks
Jeff

Peter Smythe:
The ADR offer has now ended.

But all is not lost! Book your C or CE with us and weā€™ll stand a retest if youā€™re unlucky first time around. That includes test fee, use of vehicle and VAT. (Normal value Ā£300). You will still get your normal 10% Trucknet user discount.

Offers donā€™t run for long - so if you want it, book it. Ā£150 secures the course (Ā£300 secures C and CE). You can take the course anytime you like during 2017 and pay the balance a couple of weeks before you start.

Simply call the office 01623 555661 during office hours to get it sorted. The offer will be withdrawn at any time.

Anyone wanting ADR - - book sharpish for Ā£300 ALL IN! (Offer will be withdrawn at any time). Call the office and make your reservation.

Is this offer still there?

Book your C or CE with us and weā€™ll stand a retest if youā€™re unlucky first time around. That includes test fee, use of vehicle and VAT. (Normal value Ā£300). You will still get your normal 10% Trucknet user discount.

Hi Pete,
Iā€™m not looking to book right now, more for in a few weeks
How much would it be for CE training, with those (14?) hours going towards my CPC ? I already have CPC for the next 4 years so wont need the 35 hours/mod4 thing
Do you still do the free accomodation deal for people more than 70 miles away ?
Do you have an auto Artic to do the CE training on ?

Out of curiousity, does the ADR (Standard 7 classes + tanks) refresher course required after 5 years of gaining ADR, count towards CPC hours?

Hyh:
Out of curiousity, does the ADR (Standard 7 classes + tanks) refresher course required after 5 years of gaining ADR, count towards CPC hours?

refresher = 7 hours dcpc

Strong advice is to do the whole ADR again as so much can change in 5 years and you can get 21 or 28 hours dcpc

How much would it be for CE training, with those (14?) hours going towards my CPC ? I already have CPC for the next 4 years so wont need the 35 hours/mod4 thing
Do you still do the free accomodation deal for people more than 70 miles away ?
Do you have an auto Artic to do the CE training on ?

CE course is 1450 less 10% discount so thatā€™s Ā£1305. You can have the 14hrs cpc FOC. Still free acoomodation. Choice of auto artics available to you.

If you choose to register and leave Ā£150 deposit, you will qualify for the current offer which is a free retest if required. Value Ā£300. You can take the training anytime you wish in 2017.

ROG has answered the other bit. Hope this helps,