Largest truck stop in Europe

njl:
Meanwhile an application for a new truck stop at Avonmouth proposes 39 hgv spaces…

bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris … ol-6261094

I have seen bigger lay-byes!

Need way more truck stops.
Sick of going into Clacket Lane or South Mimms only for it to be completely rammed.

Martin:

njl:
Meanwhile an application for a new truck stop at Avonmouth proposes 39 hgv spaces…

It seems odd to me to build something new of that size, potentially in a location that could service M4 and M5. Perhaps he already owns the plot and that is all it can take. Dare say they will base some of their own kit from there. Is Chippenham truck stop an operating centre for Jenkies kit now?

njl:

Martin:

njl:

It seems odd to me to build something new of that size, potentially in a location that could service M4 and M5. Perhaps he already owns the plot and that is all it can take. Dare say they will base some of their own kit from there. Is Chippenham truck stop an operating centre for Jenkies kit now?

Yes.

Go to Stutterton Truckstop, half full of Trotra trailers, after Cambridge kicked em out…

It’s continues income.

njl:

Martin:

njl:

Chippenham has its good points, it’s clean, the staff are good and the showers excellent; but they need to wake up to the fact that many drivers have limited time to stop and eat during daytime.

Went in there for a 45 a few weeks ago, there was a coach party of pensioners in, all dithering over which coffee they were going to have with their toasted sarnie. Waited a couple of minutes, queue didn’t look like moving, walked out and ate in the cab. Chippenham’s table service isn’t exactly quick on a good day; if the place is more than half full you can wait ages to eat.