Lady truckers

I too am seeing more female drivers on the road, many of them in their early to mid twenties. We don’t currently have any female drivers at the depot I’m at, but there’s probably half a dozen of them at Swindon. At DHL Bawtry there was just the one, and she fitted the Jeramy Clarkson stereotype.

Anyone remember Mrs Millar from Randalstown, who was doing continental work in the 70’s

Tarmaceater:
Who was that female driver that always ran bent and fell asleep crashing her truck , it is not in the papers so don’t have a myocardial infarction ?

She worked for Ashvale, Ran into a RM lorry near stoke last year, previous she ended up the bank near Northampton, both times long time in hospital…

Tarmaceater:
Who in their right mind would waste fuel and company time and chose to be weekended at the dump of the BP Zaragoza truck stop when the short cut of Almunia de Godia has hotels with swimming pools and lorry parking, what a Muppet with so called 40 years I’m better than you as I know more than you attitude?

I’ve used this route since I was blond.It saves 30+ miles over going via Zaragoza and is even better since the road was upgraded a couple of years ago.Then you have La Almunia.A very nice small town for a break.Carinena to Mallen.

Gidders:
I’ve used this route since I was blond.It saves 30+ miles over going via Zaragoza and is even better since the road was upgraded a couple of years ago.Then you have La Almunia.A very nice small town for a break.Carinena to Mallen.

Yes, we all did if you were coming up from Teruel, come off at La Almunia and through Ricla, same as going south it cut out Zaragoza.
Many mirrors were lost on that road as it was so narrow but if you’ve tipped at the Merca Zaragoza on a Friday and reloading at Lieda on Monday then the BP at Zaragoza was the place to stop for the weekend.
Place is still there but obviously not the BP anymore.

Seen a few EE women driving UK trucks, they were very attractive. The British women drivers usually look like extras from Prisoner Cell Block H. Either that or they used to be a bloke a few years previously

Hello Darling, are you going to Oldham? :blush:

I bumped into a pair of twins in the sittingbourne Morrisons yard a few weeks back…
Dressed in the same clothes, both driving identical MRCT trucks…

I didn’t twig there were two of 'em - until I passed one after the other on my way to the transport office to book in, and thought for a moment I was having a serious bit of deja vu/officer trap play-out… :blush:
I think one of them is called Lotte, but I didn’t catch the other’s name…

I think I might have seen them at other RDCs. Did they look like Ukrainian shot putters?

Lady trucker here……I work for a steel company down in Somerset and drive one of the 26 tonne rigids. We carry 15.5m beans over the top of the cab which stick out about 9ft behind the tail lights. It’s all good fun, we also have a second lady trucker who joined us about a year ago. I only know of one other lady driver on the steel who works for a rival company. I see loads of ladies in trucks now although most are on the tippers there are a fair few on the artics too, I even saw a lovely blonde lady loading up a car transporter a year or so back.

scan0208.jpg

Early 90’s Dunstable based night trunker !