Knights of Old and Maxims

dozy:
I work for knights of old , only been there 2 mins so can’t really comment on anything , grantham not Kettering though , mon- fri nights
I only had two criteria’s when changing jobs , no tramping / back to grantham (though I was prepared to take Newark if all that was available
I’ve got one of the two , grantham , wanted days but on nights ( may work out ok as lot of time at hospital / doc, so can do in daytime
Will update when I’ve been there for a few months & get a feel for job

What was the verdict dozy? Still there?

I work for koo until end of month they couldn’t run a bath let alone a transport company ! They tell so many lies to get you to join them then change it all after the first few weeks ! Half decent money ( although they will rob you at any opportunity they get) trucks n trailers are absolutely ■■■■■■ n falling to bits ! Complete shambles of a company how they keep customers god knows ! The show (in Peterborough) is run by a completely incompetent boss eyed fat ■■■■■ that ■■■■■ up continually & expects the drivers to dig her out of the ■■■■ all the time ! Best policy is don’t answer the phone (which will be your own as cabphones not provided )

Goff118:

dozy:
I work for knights of old , only been there 2 mins so can’t really comment on anything , grantham not Kettering though , mon- fri nights
I only had two criteria’s when changing jobs , no tramping / back to grantham (though I was prepared to take Newark if all that was available
I’ve got one of the two , grantham , wanted days but on nights ( may work out ok as lot of time at hospital / doc, so can do in daytime

Sorry missed this , no I only lasted just over a week as health issues , I was nights and just couldn’t do what was being asked by diabetis nurse etc when working night , my mistake as should of known that really , but job was 5 mins from home so ignored the obvious down sides , nights , sleeping , eating etc and just looked at the positives , as I say 5 mins from house
I did think of trying for days there but don’t think a employer would take me on with my health issues , amount of time I have to have off , so I just plod along on my agency work

Hi Dozy,
When you was there, did you notice what hours the day drivers worked at all? Did they seem to have a set shift

dozy:

Goff118:

dozy:

Sorry missed this , no I only lasted just over a week as health issues , I was nights and just couldn’t do what was being asked by diabetis nurse etc when working night , my mistake as should of known that really , but job was 5 mins from home so ignored the obvious down sides , nights , sleeping , eating etc and just looked at the positives , as I say 5 mins from house
I did think of trying for days there but don’t think a employer would take me on with my health issues , amount of time I have to have off , so I just plod along on my agency work

Lincstrucker:
Hi Dozy,
When you was there, did you notice what hours the day drivers worked at all? Did they seem to have a set shift

dozy:

Goff118:

dozy:

I was on nights , and only a week so don’t really know what they did on days , my mrs works with a bloke who’s son was there on days , so can’t promise anything but maybe able to find out about day shifts
If your looking at Grantham then I’d of thought Easton would be the place to go , there wages , t&c,s sound good , maybe pm moaster , he works there

Thanks, yes its odd as its all via merlin the agency they set up. I presume they take on knights books in the end.
The assessment drive is down at Kettering so not sure what will come of it. But plus side they seem to only operate Mon to Fri from trent road.

dozy:

Goff118:

dozy:

[/quote]

Mrs hasn’t seen bloke , but I do remember his son started on agency ( there’s ) on nights , then changed to working for knights on days
They do seem to be advertising all the time so it maybe it’s only 5 days ( lots seem to want 0/t ) so maybe why what seems like a constant turnover of drivers
Can’t help you any more as only did a week , but hopefully works for you