Key worker letter

chaversdad:
If your a lorry driver your still allowed to go to work, why should you need a letter

It’s meant for the journey to work, by car/bike/walk/whatever - I have a 30 mile commute through a couple of towns so would be surprised if I’m not stopped at some point.

My wife got one you can get copies on eBay :laughing:

Hers isn’t to prove she is a key worker, its to prove to the great unwashed that she is an NHS worker and entitled to free coffee and doesn’t have to queue for her Vodka and ■■■■ in a morning.

Twoninety88:
I thought it was all done ‘inhouse’, not by any outside agency or authoritive body.

They are although no doubt some company will start flogging “official” waste of money ones. It just says what we do, roughly what we shift and why we’re classified as key workers.

No official authority at all but just gives phone number for office too. Yeah good luck with that as theres no management in there until we start at 7am (days) and gone by 5 pm before any night drivers set off for work.

Guess it kept someone happy in the head office.

the maoster:

shullbit:
Having a letter to show the police can make things easier but there is no legal requirement to have a letter.

You didn’t get one then? :wink:

dont need one government advice…sextion 4 no mention of letter gov.uk/government/publicati … ng-to-work

Kann ich bitte deine Papiere sehen?

the maoster:

shullbit:
Having a letter to show the police can make things easier but there is no legal requirement to have a letter.

You didn’t get one then? :wink:

I am delivering ingredients to food manufacturers…not as important as bog roll i suppose

Got one from the highways agency no less. Have posted copies to my near neighbours so I’m expecting a standing ovation when I leave for work at o god o clock.

I received one this morning with my paperwork, I questioned the wording as it said “critical worker” and I had always assumed I was just a bum on a seat.

In a way i feel a bit guilty going to work and wish boss would furlough us, but then i might feel guilty because I am not delivering essentials, catch 22, the food factories are still open so we are still delivering…no collections though :smiley: