Kenyon haulage of Blackburn goes bust

rearaxle:
Kenyon haulage ordered to pay 18 workers.

Even says they’re unlikely to receive it.

lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n … pensation/

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Graeme Darnell runs companys in to ground. Owes people money then comes out smelling of roses. He’s on his 4th haulage company in about 15 years and the last 3 have all gone in to administration so speaks for itself really.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk

[quote="

Looking grim our there, must be a nightmare for small hauliers and owner drivers who might be owed by these companies.
What would happen with an OD contracted to a company which went bust if the OD got his fuel from the defunct outfit as part of the deal, would he still have to pay for the fuel despite receiving maybe only pence in the pound when things are settled?[/quote]

The ODs could be interesting, the administrators will be pushing hard to recover ALL the money they’re owed from the fuel, yet as unsecured creditors are probably quite low down the payment list,

dozy:
Over the years I’ve paid for fuel , ad blue , boots , cleaning stuff & just in the last couple of months I paid £110 for my hgv medical & £37 for the eye sight test part , I didn’t fret / have sleepless nights over whether the company would / wouldn’t go bust , I just filled in a expenses sheet , handed it in & got paid I.e hgv medical £147 a week later in my wages

At the time you did this, were you still waiting to be paid a salary for the previous week as the company were having ‘cash flow issues’?

Didn’t think so.