Kates cabin A1 nth peterbro'

Kates Kabin has unsurprisingly gone bankrupt.

Maybe you are thinking of The Hill Top at the Blyth roundabout. It used to have decent single bedrooms in the 70’s and 80’s and if you went into the public area you could get a beer. Fodd was decent as well.

I used Kates a lot in the same years and seem to remember there were big cages full of budgies round the back.
Poor devils must have had bad chest with all the old Gardners starting up on a frosty morning and then left running while the driver had his brekky.

Russell.

Thereal-john:
A load of moaning pricks, let’s close em all down and get ripped off at MSA’S!
Well said chaps

Well said mate,I agree.

bobbya:

Thereal-john:
A load of moaning pricks, let’s close em all down and get ripped off at MSA’S!
Well said chaps

Well said mate,I agree.

hiya,
Wish I’d a “once’r” for every time I’d used the digs it was always clean and warm,
it’s about 15 years since last time I stayed there, but there was a lot worse than
the Cabin, by comparison the Red House at Doncaster was on the digs side a real
horror the scran was OK but the beds were cold and dirty hence only overnighted
there once, enough said.
thanks harry long retired.

No doubt you were one of the many who walked over the A1 to the boozer when you stayed at Kates Harry.

The timid would use the bridge.

Russell.

Tankerman:
No doubt you were one of the many who walked over the A1 to the boozer when you stayed at Kates Harry.

The timid would use the bridge.

Russell.

hiya,
Too far via the bridge Russell, always crossed the carriageway but dodgey if you had one too many.
thanks harry long retired.

I once had home made game pie at Kates Cabin and it was brilliant. So I went again.

I once had a complete rear light array stolen off my tractor unit at Kates Cabin so I never went again.

One result is more permanent than the other. I can’t say that I’m surprised to hear the place has shut.

W

If Transport Cafes want to survive they need to drag their sorry arses into the 21st Century.
These days just being there is not enough, they need to compete for our hard earned, have happy staff who want to be there and dont see it as a hindrance on their Jeremy Kyle time…The food needs to be good wholesome healthy food, not fried with everything.
If you want my money then you better work for it, we will not put up with crap anymore, just ask Kate…

On a positive note I’ve noticed two small cafes offer ‘free overnight parking’ on the A1.

I know times are hard but it’s a trend I can only approve of…

W

Not surprising they had trouble getting trade, with the LOAD THEFT AREA trailer in the lorry park.
Who in there right mind would allow that trailer in there truck stop?
Muppetry on a large scale…