Just noticed an inwards facing camera in my cab

When you go Tesco for your weeks worth of pot noodles and Ginsters sausage rolls, your caught on camera a multitude of times.
Do you all have temper tantrums in store like a petulant child facedown in the freezer aisle??

Get over yourselves…
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
even making allowances for your normal type of posting with the bonus of the normal weekend pish,then its still a pretty poor attempt at an obvious wind up…
2 out of 10 maximum.
:unamused:

chester:
It’s no surprise to hear Truck Drivers thinking their above their station and think normal working practices don’t apply to them.

Same as it’s no surprise to hear you readily condoning it .
Normal working practices? :laughing: :laughing:
Well if it is ‘‘normal’’ it’s only so because of bend over merchants like yourself just readily accepting it with no resistance.

dieseldog999:
When you go Tesco for your weeks worth of pot noodles and Ginsters sausage rolls, your caught on camera a multitude of times.
Do you all have temper tantrums in store like a petulant child facedown in the freezer aisle??

Get over yourselves…

even making allowances for your normal type of posting with the bonus of the normal weekend pish,then its still a pretty poor attempt at an obvious wind up…
2 out of 10 maximum.

Just think though…He could be tragic enough to be actually genuine. :open_mouth:
:laughing:

even worse,he could be swapping comics soon with jakethesnake,sammym,conor and all the other gold star top notch ex something drivers in here.
…edit.amend that to not include conor…he is always in a league of his own above the rest… :slight_smile:

robroy:

chester:
It’s no surprise to hear Truck Drivers thinking their above their station and think normal working practices don’t apply to them.

Well if it is ‘‘normal’’ it’s only so because of bend over merchants like yourself just readily accepting it with no resistance.

To be fair to him I don’t think he’s yet reached working age :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:

ezydriver:

switchlogic:
Honestly no one cares and no one will be sat that watching you. It’ll just record the before and after of an incident

:unamused: See folks. This is what we’re up against. Drivers like this is why surveillance technology is encroaching on us. In cab incident cameras/microphones today, eye tracking software and live-stream cameras/microphones that alert the office to harsh-brake incidents leading to instant in-cab reprimands tomorrow “Smith!!! Both hands on the wheel Smith, and look straight ahead! You have a mortgage to pay Smith, so do as I say. I’m watching you!”.

Where did I say I liked them / approved of them / thought them a good idea? I was just pointing out a fact. Drivers like me have spent the vast majority of their career working for smaller family run businesses that don’t even install front facing cameras let alone driver facing ones, it years since I drove a truck with a camera. So pop that in your pipe and smoke it :wink:

I would have done, until they put a camera in my lorry.

What is it about the camera that’s winding drivers up, is it you’ve something to hide or is it the fact you think it’s an invasion of privacy ?
The truck you drive is the property of your employer and it’s their right to ensure the driver of that vehicle is doing no wrong should they be involved in an accident.
As for an invasion of privacy, look in your contracts of employment and I’m sure you’ll find a section titled Data Protection, that data is not digital or electronic information, it includes word of mouth, so when you’re spouting on about your employers and the contracts they have, just bear in mind who is in breach of privacy

Grumpy Dad:
What is it about the camera that’s winding drivers up, is it you’ve something to hide or is it the fact you think it’s an invasion of privacy ?
The truck you drive is the property of your employer and it’s their right to ensure the driver of that vehicle is doing no wrong should they be involved in an accident.
As for an invasion of privacy, look in your contracts of employment and I’m sure you’ll find a section titled Data Protection, that data is not digital or electronic information, it includes word of mouth, so when you’re spouting on about your employers and the contracts they have, just bear in mind who is in breach of privacy

But you can bet your house on it that if you have an accident then the insurers will trawl back through the footage looking for anything that will get them out of paying, a yawn a couple of minutes before an accident “why did you continue driving you were obviously tired?” Cameras have very little to do with reducing insurance but more to do with decreasing payouts. We had a load rejected due to a sensor in the fridge going ■■■■ up print outs from Thermo King proved it yet insurance want to see 4 years of paperwork for proof that I have been trained to use a fridge before paying out. The main aim of any insurance company is to avoid paying out, in cab cameras will just make that task easier

Grumpy Dad:

And there we have it the old ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong, what have you to worry about’’…or a paraphrased version at least. :unamused:

If I go to my employer on Mon and he says ‘‘I’m going to stick my finger up your arse to look for hidden drugs’’…, I’ll just say ‘‘Sure go ahead, nothing to hide nothing to worry about’’

At least then I’ll have an actual legitimate excuse to bend over in front of him with my kecks around my ankles, instead of some of you lot who do so at the drop of a hat. :unamused:
Does that answer your question??

robroy:

Grumpy Dad:

And there we have it the old ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong, what have you to worry about’’…or a paraphrased version at least. :unamused:

If I go to my employer on Mon and he says ‘‘I’m going to stick my finger up your arse to look for hidden drugs’’…, I’ll just say ‘‘Sure go ahead, nothing to hide nothing to worry about’’

At least then I’ll have an actual legitimate excuse to bend over in front of him with my kecks around my ankles, instead of some of you lot who do so at the drop of a hat. :unamused:

I don’t have a cab facing camera, I don’t even have a forward facing camera, so your assumption of me bow cowing to the bosses is way off target.
Like I said in a previous comment it’s fair to say that the op and some that are complaining work for a large company, with poor fuel returns, damaged vehicles, excessive maintainence costs ( outside R&M allowance ) above average accident reports.
And I also said I don’t condone them, but there’s a good chance the reason they’ve been added to your vehicles is not because fleet management or your bosses but because of the actions and poor driving skills some of your work colleagues have.

dieseldog999:

chester:

Get over yourselves…

2 out of 10 maximum.

Pretty generous with the score there DD. Id have went for a -1 for the fact hes obviously so desperate for attention he doesnt even try to disguise it anymore

robroy:

chester:

Thing about chester though Rob is that he claims to be a truck driver yet talks about them in the third person most of the time.
I doubt he is a driver

Grumpy Dad:

robroy:

Grumpy Dad:

I don’t have a cab facing camera, I don’t even have a forward facing camera, so your assumption of me bow cowing to the bosses is way off target.
Like I said in a previous comment it’s fair to say that the op and some that are complaining work for a large company, with poor fuel returns, damaged vehicles, excessive maintainence costs ( outside R&M allowance ) above average accident reports.
And I also said I don’t condone them, but there’s a good chance the reason they’ve been added to your vehicles is not because fleet management or your bosses but because of the actions and poor driving skills some of your work colleagues have.

Your last sentence is the crux of the matter.

The vast majority of us don’t need to spied on, or retrained to wipe our back sides using three points of contact, we’ve been doing the job for donkeys years the old way, we are reliable, we are frugal with fuel, we look after the vehicle and the equipment and the load and the customer, this is not ■■■■■■■■ the same goes for every self respecting lorry driver out there.

Employers have recruited too many sub standard drivers, steering wheel operatives at best, we the regular reliable drivers didn’t employ them, they did, and hey presto sure as night follows day the damage and accident rate increases, not across the fleets, but you end up (and i bet this is the case where most here work) with a small percentage of the drivers doing a high percentage of the damage.

So what do we do, do we sort out those responsible, sack the absolutely useless and retrain those who might benefit?
Not on your bloody nelly we don’t, everyone has to be re-trained to do whatever those half wits (who us drivers wouldn’t have employed in the first place, we’d have sold half the fleet rather than lower our standards to employ them) have managed to ■■■■■■■■ up, sign this, tick that box, treat the majority as if they were the minority plant pots they…the employers :bulb: …took on, but can’t bring themselves to admit they got it wrong.

If i’ve said it once i’ve said it a hundred times, its one size fits all managing based on the lowest common denominator, and it doesn’t bloody work, you train up not down.

Grumpy Dad:

robroy:

Grumpy Dad:

I think Juddian answered your point better than I ever could.
As for your first point, I’m just amazed that you even had to question why drivers (well the ones that have not been brainwashed/labotomised :unamused: ) are against all this type of modern management based dog ■■■■.

I have to endure all this camera crap myself (not constant snoop type btw) because there was only me and a handfull of others who had the balls to show complete disdain towards it,… ie the minority. :unamused:

As for the data protection/contract of employment thing, …I have never mentioned by name on here the outfit who I work for.

The two companies I have worked for (one via agency) that use inward facing cameras also happen to pay considerably more money than average in the area I work in … make of that what you will