Just heard!!

I dont need to do it i have a job but there are people who dont have jobs who should be forced in to it rather than getting dole money. The day we have 0% unemployment in this country is the day we should look abroad.

There is a minimum wage in this country which is guaranteed so anyone doing the job would have that as a that as a reward paying cash in hand is illegal in this country so basically what you are saying is that in order for us to go to the supermarket every week we have to help the farming community break the law■■?.

jammymutt:
there are people who dont have jobs who should be forced in to it rather than getting dole money.

Agreed.

There is a minimum wage in this country which is guaranteed so anyone doing the job would have that as a that as a reward paying cash in hand is illegal in this country so basically what you are saying is that in order for us to go to the supermarket every week we have to help the farming community break the law■■?.

Yep. That is exactly what I am saying.

jammymutt:
There was a poor old farmer on the news the other day who will have to waste a couple of fields of strawberries because he has noone to pick them for him, it seems all the foreign workforce who used to do it have now gone home due to it being seasonal.

I have never really liked farmers that much i dislike this one more than any other now.

WHY waste the food cant he get British people to do it?..

British people won’t do the work, it used to be done by the women in the villages, like my mother, but villages have been taken over by retiered people from the cities or second home owners or those with good careers so they don’t need to earn extra cash during harvest.
Those that might want to do the job for a minimum wage would need to find transport, no chance of using the bus.
Any increase in cost would mean the supermarkets buying from abroad, because despite what people say about wanting to buy British when they get to the supermarket they buy on price not location, regardless of food miles, farming conditions or how much those who produced it were paid.

Despite loads of rumour and heresay nobody has yet posted any evidence of companies being paid to take on foreign workers. Surely somebody would have picked up on this and taken it to UKIP, the Conservertives or some of our more anti Euro papers.
At the moment it sounds like the rumours that certain organisations spread to create racial tensions and further their own political ambitions.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” - Mark Twain

Muckles whilst it is very hard (practically impossible) to get the hard evidence which would involve company files etc etc , it is very easy to just open your eyes when you go shopping or go in to public places and see and hear the foreigners all over our society it doesnt tkae an idiot to work out whats going on.

Our local food factory Laurens Patisseries has a mosque inide it and toilets which are just a hole in the floor to suit the natives, now call me a cynic but as far as i am aware there is an extremely small amout of muslims in Newark , we have been lucky unlike some, the mosque inside the factory is not for the locals.

No i havent been in there and seen it but i have stood in the pub with the guy who was involved in building it .

jammymutt:
Muckles whilst it is very hard (practically impossible) to get the hard evidence which would involve company files etc etc , it is very easy to just open your eyes when you go shopping or go in to public places and see and hear the foreigners all over our society it doesnt tkae an idiot to work out whats going on.

Agreed there are a lot of foreign workers, round here they work in the food production industry, mainly Portuguese. Why are they here? We have low unemployment and both skilled and unskilled vacancies that arn’t being filled.
They come from countries that have high unemployment and want to work, there are people in this country who could work, but if you were an employer who would you rather employ, somebody willing to work or somebody who is going to spend most of thier time trying to get the sack so they can go back on the dole?
but no evidence of subsides Yet! and you don’t need company records to find out if there are subsides paid, if it;s govenment or EU money there will be a record of money spent and of the policy and requirments needed to get this money.
How else do employers find out about it?
If employers can find it so can the press and those who would disagree with this policy, me included, so it would be publicised somewhere.

I’m not going to say it doesn’t happen, just reserve judgement until I see evidence.