Just caught this early today

cieranc:
I find it interesting that with all the developments in vehicle technology, the 20+ year old Scammell/UniPower is still the weapon of choice for these guys.
P547 HNT, based in ALE’s Stafford depot, came to ALE from Alstrom Power, when they took over their power plant works. They fettled the transfer box ratio’s to slow it down, in line with the Fauns it works with.

“The 4-axle MH-8875 model was equipped with the ■■■■■■■ QSK-19-750 with 750 hp at 2100 rpm. Both trucks received automatic 5-speed ZF gearbox with a two-speed transfer gearbox of the same producer. As a special equipment the trucks received hydraulic winches with a force of 25 tons. The cabins provide a space for the driver, his assistant and four members of the crew. 4-axle model has different tires Michelin XZL 24R21 and a top speed of 90 km / h.”

Did you already know this or did you read it as I did in this months magazine?There’s all you could wish to know about this stunning machine.It’s the pride of the fleet and ALWAYS goes at the front!

Ripped the info off a heavy-haul website mate :wink:

I think there’s a lot of interest in this at present,it’s flavour of the month.

This was it on Saturday evening. Trailer came out of Alstom on Friday only as far as Monkey island near Tittensor. Then continued on Sunday, finally arriving at Ellesmere Port on Monday.

Ainscough hoisted it into a vessel

bubsy06:
Any idea what they were moving?

Rikki’s Wallet. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Rob, were Ainsclough already on site for other jobs, or were they brought in just for this lift ■■?

Just thinking, must be a proper expensive job moving them coils!

Ainscough only did the one lift, then they de mobbed and off to their next job.

I have heard this stator is very powerful creating 900MW, compared while similar size stators produce 500-600MW

We’ve had bigger than in here before driver :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

It spent Sunday night in the layby on the A54 at the bottom of Kelsall Hill, probably needed to park it up to let brakes and retarders cool off a bit, I bet it was a buttock clenching few minutes taking it down there :neutral_face: