Junction 26 Truckstop

Mothertrucker:
I printed off all the complaints and got other half to hand them in this morning.

A genius move, me thinks!! Poor ‘other half’ though!! :laughing: :laughing:

Mothertrucker:
I have an appointment tomorrow morning myself but will make my way down there by around 12noon (High Noon!!) and have a word on your behalfs.

:confused: Good luck, Wendy!

I get all the best jobs :unamused:
Maybe naked crocodile wrestling in mud would be simpler !!

Well what can one say ,nowt just all the best
and i hope that the staff take note as, when the
the drivers are not kept happy some one
may find that their cafe will lose customers,

It looks like they took note in a big way. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Always the glutton for punishment, or do I mean just a glutton, :smiley: :wink: and with plenty of time should I endure a long wait, I called in again today. I arrived just as they had finished taking one order and there was one other guy in front of me. He ordered breakfast and the young one, who was working the griddle, started on his but also asked me if I would be ordering anything with bacon, I said I was and she slapped more rashers on to cook even before my order was placed. The older woman took my order and another new development was the fact she marked the time the order was placed on the top right corner of the ticket, they must be checking how long it takes to get the orders out and making an effort to improve on the times. I got my coffee and took my seat and my breakfast was delivered 7 minutes later, that isn’t a typo I do mean seven minutes later which is a big improvement and allowing for the fact that things were being cooked to order more than acceptable. The bread also arrived at the same time which as has been reported by several people isn’t always the case. While I was in there I noticed the orders were coming out a lot quicker for everyone so mine wasn’t a fluke. :smiley: :smiley:

Credit is due to them for making a concerted effort to improve things, and achieving it. I will certainly continue to use the place.

Good stuff Neil, but have they bought some sausages for the breakfasts yet 'cos don’t know what them other things they were serving that looked like sausages, but they certainly didn’t taste like sausages. :open_mouth:

Rob K:
Good stuff Neil, but have they bought some sausages for the breakfasts yet 'cos don’t know what them other things they were serving that looked like sausages, but they certainly didn’t taste like sausages. :open_mouth:

Sadly no, the ‘sausages’ are still the same but they have taken other things on board so maybe there is hope for an improvement there also.

replying to comments on quality of sausages, these are ■■■■■■■■■■■ which we have good feedback on but sadly will never suit everyones taste,but they are by no way the cheapest we can buy.
as for other complaints we can only apologise and try to make things better.
list of excuses:
we are trying to provide cooked to order food,ie not reheated or hot stored for hours.this does slow things down.
we have struggled for evening staff resulting in the girls working upto recently working 84 hours a week.
the condition of the toilet although they are cleaned is a stuggle sometimes with how customers leave them.
recently the hot weather has been extreme to be cooking in metal porta cabins.
although these are valid excuses everyone else seems to crack it so we have to get it right to.
please bear with us and if possible politly inform the girls of any problems,
they only bite sometimes.
p.s the" older one"is my wife don’t own up personally to that comment.

thanks concerned husband part owner

well done dave for trying to sort out some of the issues raised…i will be returning …
neil…i must have just missed you on monday ,i too had an extra egg cos there were no mushrooms…i am normally pulling a profresh trailer …or solstor
maybe well have a coffee together one day !!

dave cordell:
p.s the" older one"is my wife don’t own up personally to that comment.

I said older, not old. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Of the three people working in there she is the oldest, that was all I meant. Honest. :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, I get it, I’m in a hole and should stop digging now. :wink:

Fair play to you Dave for registerring and addressing the complaints.

Fantastic :smiley:

Well done all, and well done Dave (as coffee said) for coming on here and posting

And of course the ever relyable mothertrucker

I will be visiting there again because of positive reports of recent visits (not sure i’ll identify myself though as mothertrucker has printed this thread and given it to them) :wink:

Yes it was hot on my visit, around 36c and yes it is essentially a couple of tin huts, the 1 fan was pointing into the corner :open_mouth: and the radio was blaring, not very nice conditions to eat in let alone work in, but as you say others do it and with a smile and good service

To be honest I was gutted

Dave, i prefer paper towels in the toilets to dry my hands on, but we all know where these will end up :unamused: so how about a better blow dryer or a towel on a roll type of thingy

Quite looking forward to my next visit actually :slight_smile:

Yes I shall give it another whirl when in the area too :sunglasses: . Can I just make a suggestion that the portions could be a bit bigger too? 'Cos I’m a greedy bar-steward :smiling_imp:

:sunglasses:

richiessex:

So that’s you, me, Mothertrucker and Truckyboy along with Marcustandy and Rob when they are down that way. A TruckNet (or Trucknanny if you prefer Rob) get together :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

richiessex:

So that’s you, me, Mothertrucker and Truckyboy along with Marcustandy and Rob when they are down that way. A TruckNet (or Trucknanny if you prefer Rob) get together :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth: One step at a time please Neil.

:wink:

WELL DONE DAVE, ALL I CAN SAY TO THE PEOPLE THAT WANT NIP PICK, THEY SHOULD TRY AND WORK THAT PLACE FOR A DAY! COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE THAT THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE LAST WEEK OR TWO, WELL THINK ABOUT IT LADS, WE ARE EXPERENCING THE HOTTEST WEATHER IN YEARS WHAT MUST THE TEMPERATURE BE IN THAT KITCHEN IT ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET RATEY. FOR ALL THE OTHER COMMENTS ALL I CAN SAY IS WHY NOT RAISE ANY ISSUES WITH THE GIRLS RATHER THAN HIDDING BEHIND A COMPUTER!!!

IVE USED 26 SINCE THEY OPENED AND I KNOW DAVE AND LISA AND CAN SAY THAT THEY ARE FAIR PEOPLE AND THAT THEY ONLY USE THE BEST INGREDIENTS THEY CAN GET AND THERE CAFES ARE ALWAYS SPOTLESS!

ALL THE BEST JUNC 26 UP YOURS TO THE TRAIN SPOTTERS!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

BIGNASTEY:
WELL DONE DAVE, ALL I CAN SAY TO THE PEOPLE THAT WANT NIP PICK, THEY SHOULD TRY AND WORK THAT PLACE FOR A DAY! COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE THAT THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE LAST WEEK OR TWO, WELL THINK ABOUT IT LADS, WE ARE EXPERENCING THE HOTTEST WEATHER IN YEARS WHAT MUST THE TEMPERATURE BE IN THAT KITCHEN IT ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET RATEY.

Well that makes it alright then doesn’t it. I can’t cook food this side of half an hour because I prefer to talk to my mates on my mobile phone and because I’m hot then I’m going to have a face on all day and be ignorant to the customers. They won’t mind - I’m sure they’ll come back. :unamused:

How about this instead : if you can’t provide a decent service whatever the weather[/i] then you shouldn’t be in that business, period. The fact that it’s been hot - in fact come on, it’s been warm - is just not a good enough excuse and for the record, I believe it was March when I first stopped there so what was the excuse for that time, as it certainly wasn’t hot. :unamused:
> FOR ALL THE OTHER COMMENTS ALL I CAN SAY IS WHY NOT RAISE ANY ISSUES WITH THE GIRLS RATHER THAN HIDDING BEHIND A COMPUTER!!!
1. They completely ignore you when you try to strike up a conversation with them or more accurately, are already engaged in a conversation with their mates on their mobiles.
2. We all know what happens to your food when you complain…
> IVE USED 26 SINCE THEY OPENED AND I KNOW DAVE AND LISA AND CAN SAY THAT THEY ARE FAIR PEOPLE AND THAT THEY ONLY USE THE BEST INGREDIENTS THEY CAN GET AND THERE CAFES ARE ALWAYS SPOTLESS!
:open_mouth: Is there another J26 truck stop somewhere that I don’t know about then, because we certainly aren’t talking about the one on the M25 :open_mouth: .
:unamused:

Well done Dave for registering and giving us some feedback - I think it makes a real difference. I’ll call in again when i’m down that way, like others have said they will. (I’ll probably identify myself as Richiessex just as i’m leaving and see if there’s any fireworks!! :laughing: :laughing: )

I’m going to ignore BIGNASTEY’s (shouted) comments as I think they’re counter-productive to the step Dave has taken.

BTW, welcome to TNUK, Dave . . . . . and to BIGNASTEY . . . . . . well, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

As promised I called in to J26 and had a word with the lovely (not old) Mrs Cordell.
As you have already noticed the staff have taken note of your comments and have made a concerted effort to speed things up.
The drivers I spoke to in there had noticed the difference (breakfast in nine mins according to my OH) and where more than happy about the speed - although I was given a dig to mention the flaming sausages - again!!.
I DID mention the sausages, adding my own comment that I hated the *** things and asked - no begged - for a change in the make. I too was informed that they were ■■■■■■■■■■ but also that the lady herself was not a sausage eater so could not comment on taste.
Having dabbled in catering myself in the past I truly understand that the long hours and lack of staff are making things very hard for the ones who do work there and hope that soon they will get some more staff in to relieve the pressure.
(One of my suggestions MR CORDELL!!! was that you get your own pinny on and get stuck in too!!! )
Hope you guys are more happy with the situation and lets hope it continues to improve and that we can all help to keep this much needed facility in place.

As for the toilets:-
I can never understand why public toilets get so filthy and in such a mess. We dont make a mess of our bathrooms at home do w? (or do we?)
Anyway - the girls have started to lock the Ladies loo because men were going in there and making them pretty bad. (It does say ladies only on the door and there is only one ladies)
Today some guy asked for the key to the Ladies. When asked why he said because the Gents were too dirty to use.
He was asked politely not to make a mess in there and given the key to which he replied.
“Well according to the internet this place is a [zb] hole in there anyway so why worry!”
Well out of order mate. This sort of attitude just dont help.

Too obvious. L. :wink:

Mothertrucker:
(One of my suggestions MR CORDELL!!! was that you get your own pinny on and get stuck in too!!! )

Miaooowww. :slight_smile:

Reminds me of when I was kid and was dragged up living in a Tranport type Cafe. When I was about 15, in the school holidays, on Wednesday afternoons my mother would clear off shopping and leave me in sole charge of the counter and the kitchen.

I never poisoned anyone (knowingly). :open_mouth: :

And there was never any of your pre-packed stuff in thems days. Bacon came in a ‘side’ and had to be ‘boned out’ and then put through a slicer. Except that when it came to Saturday’s and the ‘boxed’ sandwich orders went out to the local factories, it got sliced a bit thinner. :wink:

And it didn’t get delivered in a nice refrigerated van. I had a pedal cycle with large panniers and had to go and fetch it. :open_mouth:

Happy days. So people would have you believe. :unamused: