Jobs on offer around Bristol

Purely from a driving perspective I have done a bit for Tesco’s Sainsburys etc and the jobs are quite well organised and most shops have a bespoke yard so you are not struggling to get in places.Never done the coop but did bit of iceland and the ball ache was some of the shop locations were a joke. Coop shops seem to be really similar all I want to do is get in ,unload get out not spend hours hanging about getting blocked out or blocked in and if on top of that the management aint up to much I can see why the coop gets a bad rap.

amamdada:
Coop shops seem to be really similar all I want to do is get in ,unload get out not spend hours hanging about getting blocked out or blocked in and if on top of that the management aint up to much I can see why the coop gets a bad rap.

I’ve done some Co-Op in the past, when it was Wincantons - didn’t have an issue with it - usually 3-5 drops depending upon how close the shops were, trailers were always loaded ready, never got delayed or blocked in, the TM office was fine; kit was bit rough, and some of the shops were a bit awkward to get into i.e. the smaller high street shops - but thats part of the challenge, if life was too easy it would be boring!!!

Thanks for the update BB.

Does anyone know which agencies are in with Asda Avonmouth, or Gist Portbury? I’m looking for a change, cheers.

MikeDBristol:
Does anyone know which agencies are in with Asda Avonmouth, or Gist Portbury? I’m looking for a change, cheers.

Asda in Avonmouth is being operated by Staffline (Driving Plus) and Gist is by Pertemps (I have been told they are not highly recommended). In my experience once I registered with Pertemps - they do not care about me since that.

Thanks Wilk, I don’t trust the larger agencies either, the smaller local places are sometimes better to deal with in my experience.

MikeDBristol:

Gist seemed to go through a stage of continuous advertising back last year so you never know you might land a full time job there and it’s 5 on 3 off I believe.

bald bloke:

MikeDBristol:

Gist seemed to go through a stage of continuous advertising back last year so you never know you might land a full time job there and it’s 5 on 3 off I believe.

if you want Gist as a perm job just go and ask they tend to take on … and are reasonable they will even take you on a 2 or 3 day contract :wink: I know this as I know someone that has that arrangement

Thanks Nick, I might take a look down there later then

MikeDBristol:
Thanks Nick, I might take a look down there later then

Obviously they want you on the busy day(s) but Friend does this and tops up agency when she wants extra

nick2008:
when she wants extra

:open_mouth: Does she come knocking on your door :wink: :smiley:

bald bloke:

nick2008:
when she wants extra

:open_mouth: Does she come knocking on your door :wink: :smiley:

I’m saying nowt :wink:

Malcolm Group at Avonmouth
Gist at Thornbury
Gist at Portbury
King lifting at Avonmouth
Gregory at Patchway
Culina at Avonmouth
Goldstar at Portbury Dock
Kier recycling
Synergy at Severn Beach

These are all recruiting at the moment in the Bristol area so hopefully that might help someone.

Stobart Automotive
Co-op
Farmfoods
Nationwide platforms are all currently looking.

Been looking at Indeed jobs and Farmfoods are looking as is Wrings, Culina, Brenntag, ASL (trade waste), Stobarts (Portbury dock but 25 days old though), JJ food services, Gist (Portbury) hopefully might help someone.

bald bloke:
Been looking at Indeed jobs and Farmfoods are looking as is Wrings, Culina, Brenntag, ASL (trade waste), Stobarts (Portbury dock but 25 days old though), JJ food services, Gist (Portbury) hopefully might help someone.

As the great mr n Holder says “it’s Christmas [emoji319]”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samworths and Gregory’s are looking for drivers at their Patchway depots as are Bibby and Culina based in Avonmouth.

bald bloke:
Samworths and Gregory’s are looking for drivers at their Patchway depots as are Bibby and Culina based in Avonmouth.

Arn’t they always?
:grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

Arn’t they always?

If you mean “aren’t they always” then yes they are always looking. :smiley:

bald bloke:

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

Arn’t they always?

If you mean “aren’t they always” then yes they are always looking. :smiley:

Darn spell checker… :grimacing: