Job offer/ too low?

xichrisxi:

Andrey1:
oday supposed to start my training, and earliest train got cancelled. Is this a sign for me to give a miss this company?

100% YES!!!
3 full days unpaid training…did you ask what part of the job required 27hrs training (presuming your looking at 9hrs per day)

For newly passed drivers, I think all companies give few days training on load security etc… but I believe it’s paid, or not? I’m no longer interested in this company, as they gave me feeling like they try to cut costs on everything and even run trucks for 10 years old…
Also, I asked for overtime, there is no overtime pay, only day rate of 105£. I said, what if do more than 65 hours, he’s like you may do one week 55hrs other week 65hrs and so on. And averaging 65 hrs week. And 6th day every other week. :confused: :confused:

GavNormandale:
Don’t understand how inexperience affects night out allowance.

Gav

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Exactly… he said if he give me 25£ for night out , experienced drivers will moan about it… I thought night out , meal allowances have nothing to do with experiences, but day rate or hourly rate make the difference with experience…

Walk - actually RUN away!

If they’re starting that crap now how do you think they’d be later!

Liverpool bit said it all , very militant and us/them in all the work places I’ve been to!!

Strangely they are brill on a night out, go figure?

Company sounds like a set you want to stay clear off.

Now you’ve got a a bar to gauge others by( albeit a bloody low one!) you’ll be able to ask better questions and get it in writing what any job offer will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
Walk - actually RUN away!

If they’re starting that crap now how do you think they’d be later!

Liverpool bit said it all , very militant and us/them in all the work places I’ve been to!!

Strangely they are brill on a night out, go figure?

Company sounds like a set you want to stay clear off.

Now you’ve got a a bar to gauge others by( albeit a bloody low one!) you’ll be able to ask better questions and get it in writing what any job offer will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied 4 weeks ago, while waiting my licences… no wonder why it’s still available… no one accept their offer. Just contacted Eddie Stobart, and waiting their assessment day confirmation. New drivers, myself too, should not be desperate and accept any offer given… more searching will get a better position.

Good luck Andrey. That was rubbish. We pay training, we take up your time, that’s the way it is. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Andrey1:
I applied 4 weeks ago, while waiting my licences… no wonder why it’s still available… no one accept their offer. Just contacted Eddie Stobart, and waiting their assessment day confirmation. New drivers, myself too, should not be desperate and accept any offer given… more searching will get a better position.

Sounds like a better plan, mate. Everyone likes to knock Stobarts but they do give newbies a chance with mentoring and reversing training etc. so they’re not such a bad place to start with but keep your eye open to move on as Stobies pay structure means you get ripped off on holiday pay and they still want you to do an extra day every month.

If more people stand firm on pay ,Then pay may get better ,Sadly we are being lied to in regards to shortages ,There’s more drivers than lorries in the UK .
It’s a devide and conquer technique the investors put out regularly .It is not worth taking low payed jobs just for experience ,As more often than not these type firms will treat you badly …