Jeremy Vine again

Highway Code rule 68
“be considerate of the needs of other road users when riding in groups. You can ride two abreast and it can be safer to do so, particularly in larger groups or when accompanying children or less experienced riders. Be aware of drivers behind you and allow them to overtake (for example, by moving into single file or stopping) when you feel it is safe to let them do so”
gov.uk/guidance/the-highway … s-59-to-82

Yes, the cyclists can ride two abreast. But also they have to allow others to overtake safely, including moving into single file. That didn`t happen here.
It can be safer to ride two abreast, but in this instance it looks like it safer to ride single file.

It does look like a rather close pass by the truck, but, two wrongs dont make a right, and bad riding by cyclists doesnt excuse any bad driving by us.
Close enough for “a nick”? I wouldn`t have thought so.

This was typical of the police lying to make it look like the lorry drivers fault, when he stopped and talked to Vine he claimed that he was in the same road position as when the lorry went past and the lorries wheels were touching the white line, both of those statements were lies, he had moved left and the lorries wheels never came close to touching the white line :unamused:

LyingCopper.jpg

Lyingcopper2.jpg

Franglais:
It does look like a rather close pass by the truck, but, two wrongs dont make a right, and bad riding by cyclists doesnt excuse any bad driving by us.
Close enough for “a nick”? I wouldn`t have thought so.

It obviously did contravene the 1.5m clearance rule by a mile.
Can see the same situation cyclists v buses anywhere in London.Including cyclists taking the primary position on roads already narrowed by cycleway provision which they refuse to use often putting them way closer than 1.5 metres v oncoming traffic but that conveniently doesn’t seem to matter like cyclists undertaking or overtaking moving traffic as it suits them.
In this case the only logical option was for Waitrose to stay behind them all that’s what I would have done.

Allegedly said driver has been sacked… Because of Wineys anti-HGV agenda.

biggriffin:
Allegedly said driver has been sacked… Because of Wineys anti-HGV agenda.

If said driver has been sacked he/she will be in another job well before the shelves on Vines local Waitrose are bare because nobody is mug enough to be driving Lorries in London anymore :laughing:

Shows what an idiot he is by riding close to near side of a truck no matter what right he has it does not make him safe

ezydriver:
I wish there was some kind of lorry driver campaign group that could somehow organise a total boycott on lorry drivers driving into London. Let’s see these precious cyclists begin to complain food and fuel is running out, then they might give lorries and their drivers a bit more respect and appreciation. I detest these stupid highway code changes, because it breeds the sort of attitudes you see in this video. A cyclist should have responsibility for their own safety. This muppet could have ridden single file, or not so close to that line. In his opinion, what should that Waitrose driver have done? Move to another lane?

I’ve been thinking the same thing for a long time. I also wish the operators would also tell Khan where to shove his green emissions nonsense.

London is totally anti HGV. Why not boycott the place seeing how unwelcome trucks actually are. Let their shops, pubs and restaurants dry up and get no deliveries.

What gets me about careless cyclists is they have no respect for their own safety and put the onus on drivers.

Say a driver hits a cyclist and they die.

The driver may lose their job. They may lose their license. They may even go to prison- probably for only a few years.

Yet the cyclist isn’t coming back because they are dead.

I don’t get how cavalier some of them are. Do they not see how they also need to look out for themselves?

shullbit:
On the full video the cop on the bike can be heard saying ‘‘he will get a driving without due care for that’’ .

But isn’t the 1.5 rule guidance and not law, so in the absence of any other violation how can he be charged with a driving offence?

How is it cyclist don’t leave 1.5 meters when passing vehicles?

Just witnessed the other side of the coin yesterday. following a police van towards a crossroads, said van overtakes a cyclist. Not a ninja it has to be said. immediately he’s passed the cyclist the van turned left, right across the cyclist’s bows. No blues and two’s. Just sheer stupidity. It would seem that the police have not been updated on the new highway code in both cases. thebeardedone

Truck owners could solve khan and is merry men by putting a LEVY (I think that is what the gov says when they want more tax ?)on goods going into Londistan by road …this would help cover the cost of FORS and the other leaches sucking money out of trucks…

fuse:
Truck owners could solve khan and is merry men by putting a LEVY (I think that is what the gov says when they want more tax ?)on goods going into Londistan by road …this would help cover the cost of FORS and the other leaches sucking money out of trucks…

From the drivers’ point of view the place is now too much of a liability at any price it was bad enough before.
A lot of drivers are obviously voting with their licences in that regard going by the continous revolving door of job adverts for London work whether trucks or buses or vans.

fuse:

Any individual truck operator can choose to do just that. They can charge any sort of premium they want to deliver in London if they want.
If any of them have any sort of conversation about that, it might be a criminal act under the UK cartel laws.
All hauliers agreeing to a “Levy” would be price fixing, wouldn`t it?

Franglais:

fuse:

Any individual truck operator can choose to do just that. They can charge any sort of premium they want to deliver in London if they want.
If any of them have any sort of conversation about that, it might be a criminal act under the UK cartel laws.
All hauliers agreeing to a “Levy” would be price fixing, wouldn`t it?

A levy obviously isn’t mutually exclusive with individually imposed.
But that isn’t going to solve the problem of drivers being fitted up with a jail offence by militant reclaim the streets activists deliberately moving out from the kerb to remove clearance distances.

cant abide jeremy vine , hes another who will “have something to hide” pedo/wife abuser/ canned lion hunts take your pic. Pick anyone famous and its in there,the secret life. Aled jones and Schofield survived their scandals but will be still “be at it” guaranteed .

corij:
cant abide jeremy vine , hes another who will “have something to hide” pedo/wife abuser/ canned lion hunts take your pic. Pick anyone famous and its in there,the secret life. Aled jones and Schofield survived their scandals but will be still “be at it” guaranteed .

Reckon there are also many ordinary folk have something to hide! And a lot of them are " at it " as well but they don’t get caught so easily. :laughing:

jakethesnake:

corij:

Reckon there are also many ordinary folk have something to hide! And a lot of them are " at it " as well but they don’t get caught so easily. :laughing:

No, its because hanging out the dirty laundry from Mr Jones or Mrs Miggins from no. 42 doesn’t sell newspapers.

Celebrities and Missing Pretty White children do sell newspapers…

Get this signed
change.org/p/remove-jeremy- … e_petition

I just don’t get it. I drive class one and cycle to work. I’m constantly overtaken by cars on blind bends, over unbroken white lines, with oncoming traffic and even on the zig-zags of pedestrian crossings. I wear hi-viz, have a mirror and flashing rear light and get out of the way when possible and preferably stick to smaller less busy roads and cycle routes.

These cyclists need to get a life, literally complaining about nothing. Some even filming drivers with handbrakes on in traffic jams using phones or filming people driving the wrong side of road furniture. Nothing better than a bunch of snitches making the roads more hostile. Go and find an actual dangerous driver and film them. There are loads out there.

biggriffin:
Get this signed
change.org/p/remove-jeremy- … e_petition

Personally I dont listen Vine. I dont see the need to censor him though.

What is it about him speaking freely that offends or frightens you?