J&R Adams Newcastle

kevmac47:

Rob h:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well, they were still running some of them in the 1999,Rob, Lots of people on this thread know your dad and his brothers Kit and Harry, Is Geordie still working for “Drunken Adams”
in Tyne Dock? I know he is well over retiring age and was still roping and sheeting loads the last I heard. Please try to get him
to the “do” on the 28th at N/cle Labour Club he will really enjoy himself!! Lots of his old pals will be there Jimmy Hill, Jimmy
Russell, Ralph Crow, Geordie Foster, me (although I am still a mere child :blush: :blush: :blush: ). Anyone with the slightest
attachment to this thread come along, bring your Dad bring your bride, bring your granny, :smiley: :smiley: You will have a great time.
regards Kevmac47. Ps Bring your wellies and a bale of straw to soak up the diesel, you will need them :smiley: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Yeah Kev He’s still on for Drunken Adams he’s 74 now, dont think he will ever hang his keys up if he has anything to do with it lol,i will try and get him to go to the do,i’ll tell him your asking after him.
Regards Rob

shugg:
What make of trucks are they currently running ? etc .

Think they have a few but mostly MAN from what I have seen & know

They have several Mercedes actros, I have always found their drivers very friendly and road manners spot on !
Proper good old haulage company !

pete 359:
hi all,
cool thread.i have always admired j.r. adams fleet.i caught these two back loading parts of a scrap baler in south wales earlier this year :sunglasses: .

is this their new livery ?, shame they’ve ditched the traditional for the ‘white’ like alot of others= if they have :frowning:

No. They have more of the Jackey livery, & in fact Ive been told that they are all to be painted in their Eye catching colours with proper signwrting Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
No. They have more of the Jackey livery, & in fact Ive been told that they are all to be painted in their Eye catching colours with proper signwrting Regards Larry.

Yep the white are are the hired one’s or were

I wonder how many of Jackeys old retired drivers are still about, It would be nice to have reunion, I know Laurence , Jackie Ingram, Barry Gibson Craggsey, Thorpie, Joe Skelton. The Ferret, and maybe Sammy Kelly, Andy Beaton, come on lads help me out here & see what we can do to make this happen, Regards Larry

As photographed by Roger Kenney.

Nice photo Im nearley sure the driver who got this first new Albion which was a double drive model the only one they had the next ones were single drive, His name was Gaffeney. Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
Nice photo Im nearley sure the driver who got this first new Albion which was a double drive model the only one they had the next ones were single drive, His name was Gaffeney. Regards Larry

Hi Larry l think this ones a single drive, as you can not see the hub reduction on the third axle. All the best for the new year Regards crowbar

I,ve been in touch with Lawrence Hauxwell he might come on wednesday I,ve to phone him tomorrow. He reckons Ruffy,s poorly so he wont be there what time does it start?

Aye you are right, Ralph, Im getting the reg,s mixed up, I think the first one was GVK, The one old Gaffeney drove, Adams were buying a lot of new ones at that time. Regs, JTN/KVK/LTN. & So on. Regards Larry.

BIGJEFF:
I,ve been in touch with Lawrence Hauxwell he might come on wednesday I,ve to phone him tomorrow. He reckons Ruffy,s poorly so he wont be there what time does it start?

Anytime from 1430 onwards Jeff. regards Kev.

whats Lawrance doing now Jeff never seen him for a while, Ruffy as well must be yrs.
Kev me & goodrum working 28th might make the summer one

Sorry you won’t make it Kenny, hope to see you (with the camper) in the new year.
Best wishes for the new year, Kev.

hi lads Jeff if lawrence cannot get on the 28th, please ask him to give me a ring, as i have lost his number, couple of j-r-adams, bumper

aug29 028.jpg

j r adams1.jpg

Nice photos Bumper. Can you remember Big Fred that drove for Jakey some years ago, He used to work for Buck Rankin before that, a real gent was big Fred, I wonder if he is still about the last time I saw him was at Fred Smiles Funeral some years ago, He drove MVK.48 AN 8 Wheeler AEC, Regards Larry.

My 1:24th scale MAN TGA in Adams livery with my mates ERF and trailer at Barnard Castle show earlier this year

This was taken at Dabbsies at Bill Quay wide load job.

I thought there may have been a bit more responce from the Adams,s crowd, I know most of them liked a bevey or two or three, of course they might not know about this thread, its a great pity because there was some cracking lads at Adams,s a lot of them long service drivers, it would be nice to see them again just for old times sake, after all we are all getting on in years, so come on lads lets have a party Eh what do you say. Happy as Larry, come on join in before its too bloody late, theres not a lot of us old boys left ?..