J coates - st albans

RikkiDLGV:
Nice, I only sent my D2/D4 last Friday. Waiting for my provisional so I book my theories, I will then be booking with PSTT once I have passed them. Just hope I can get there as soon as possible, as it’s clearly already building up, if you’ve just booked for early March.

Can I just ask your age and what you did before? Just curious as to who else in the area is looking for their HGV licence. Most blokes I see on this forum seem to be considerably older than me and are leaving careers to jump in a lorry. I’m 26 and have been doing Van driving for a few years. Feels like it’s uncommon for lads my age in this industry.

Neetsneets:
Oh mate you’re not alone.
I’m 29 and a woman, been working in accounts/admin for years and I despise it. Money’s crap (£26k) and if you want to earn more you obviously need to study, which I tried to do, but I simply have no interest in spending the rest of my life navigating the office politics and brown nosing my bosses.

I don’t want to be negative but if you haven’t got your theories yet, you’re most likely looking at April to have your training. What’s your local theory test centre? I got mine in Hertford and had to wait over a month for a date.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

RikkiDLGV:
I’ve done office based sales, never again.

April does seem so far away, but it is what it is, i’ll get there eventually. My local one would be Hertford, as I’m based in St Albans.

The job is easy, it’s just the whole faking and dealing with egos that I can’t be bothered with [emoji16]
What kind of transport are you looking to do once you pass? I’m dreaming of tippers to start with, they look pretty fun and easy.

I don’t want to be negative but if you haven’t got your theories yet, you’re most likely looking at April to have your training.

I’m able to let you know that PSTT is increasing capacity early in the New Year so this should reduce the wait time.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

I don’t want to be negative but if you haven’t got your theories yet, you’re most likely looking at April to have your training.

I’m able to let you know that PSTT is increasing capacity early in the New Year so this should reduce the wait time.

Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

Do you reckon it would be possible to move the existing booking up? :smiley:

RikkiDLGV:
Nice, I only sent my D2/D4 last Friday. Waiting for my provisional so I book my theories, I will then be booking with PSTT once I have passed them. Just hope I can get there as soon as possible, as it’s clearly already building up, if you’ve just booked for early March.

Can I just ask your age and what you did before? Just curious as to who else in the area is looking for their HGV licence. Most blokes I see on this forum seem to be considerably older than me and are leaving careers to jump in a lorry. I’m 26 and have been doing Van driving for a few years. Feels like it’s uncommon for lads my age in this industry.

I don’t think it’s uncommon for lads your age ( our age ) I’m also 26 to be in the industry. I passed my class 2 when I was 24. I was doing Grounds Maintenance previously and haven’t looked back since. I also got my class 1 last year. Good luck to you with your training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As and when there is any capacity increase, you can rely on the great office staff to handle it as fairly as possible.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The job is easy, it’s just the whole faking and dealing with egos that I can’t be bothered with [emoji16]
What kind of transport are you looking to do once you pass? I’m dreaming of tippers to start with, they look pretty fun and easy.

So the office work I did do, was for an aggregate broker, I was sales assistant/admin for a sales rep who ran a quarry and had a fleet of 6 tippers.

Class 2 Tipper is the end goal, however, I want to experience a variety before hand, trunking, tramping, euro tramping, the lot.

Very interesting, my current company uses a lot of aggregates so I might know them :wink:
One thing I won’t do is multidrop/handballing. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Just a few replies to read through! Glad I asked now.

I can assure you that J Coates is not behind the curve when it comes to the changes.

Courses are all designed and priced ready to be booked.

There has been problems with how quickly the DVSA have been able to accredit sites and assessors due to demand. This is a problem that many trainers are facing at the moment due to the changes being rushed through and very little notice given to the trainers.

3 sites now approved (more being applied for) 8 assessors being signed off all ready for for the hard work adapting the planned schedules to accommodate the changes.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting for many trainers